Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kamesh 9 posts 29 karma points
    Apr 13, 2015 @ 03:07
    kamesh

Moving website to a new server

Hi

i am moving my umbraco 6.2 website to a new server and database to new DB server....  code is moved to new webserver and DB restored to new database server.   i changed my web.config to point to new DB.   however i am seeing the "no pages found"  umbraco screen("looks like there is lot more to do" , set up new website"   screeen.  

i thought , if i republish content website might comeup,   but i am not able to login as well.    please let me know any suggestions on the issue or ways to debug this better.  

in Fiddler Trace, i see that request goes to http://wwww.sitename.com/install/InstallerRestService.aspx?feed=sitebuildervids  and 404 is thrown.  

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="6.2.0" />

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Apr 13, 2015 @ 03:17
    Nicholas Westby

Can you log into the new database (using something like SQL Server Management Studio) using the credentials provided in your new web.config? Seems like Umbraco can't contact the database, which can be caused if you don't create a login on the new database server or map that login to the database on that server (with the appropriate permissions).

Are there any error messages in your error log (App_Data\Logs)?

Apr 13, 2015 @ 08:02
    kamesh

yeah that was the primary suspect,  i am able to log into DB.   no error message on app_data\logs,   tried creating a test page for checking DB connection and placed it in root\config\splashes  ,  but even this page goes to No nodes.aspx page.   

Apr 13, 2015 @ 10:49
    kamesh

Hi Nicholas, it turned out to be DB connection problem.. this problems is resolved. thanks for your time.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft