Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul 24 posts 114 karma points
    Apr 24, 2015 @ 14:05
    Paul

YSOD on upgrade - The type or namespace name 'umbracobase' does not exist in the namespace 'umbraco.presentation'

Hi, I am upgrading a v6 to v7.0.0 website, I have followed the steps here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/v7-upgrade and here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/upgrading/general.

I have yet to run the /install process. I have been faced with a YSOD (possibly caused by overwriting my web.config?). I saw this possibly related issue and have deleted the DLLs as advised in the action but with no luck.

Any advice?

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'umbracobase' does not exist in the namespace 'umbraco.presentation' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 6:  using umbraco.presentation.umbracobase;

error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'umbracobase' does not exist in the namespace 'umbraco.presentation' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RestExtensionMethod' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RestExtensionMethodAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RestExtensionMethod' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RestExtensionMethodAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RestExtension' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RestExtensionAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

• Urvish 252 posts 776 karma points
    Apr 24, 2015 @ 14:22
    Urvish

Hi Paul,

In such a case you can do one thing.

Download the latest version of Umbraco 7 manually and copy that DLL files into your upgraded version.

And make sure that every entries are there in web.config.

I have faced this kind of issue while upgrading Umbraco. And I solve by copy and pasting DLLs from the latest version manually.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Urvish Mandaliya

• Paul 24 posts 114 karma points
    Apr 24, 2015 @ 16:41
    Paul

Hi, thanks for your reply, I am now partially up and running.

In case anyone finds this problem in the future, I followed Trevor Loader's advice on this page of the forum and added WebApi into the offending code.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft