Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Chris Mahoney 188 posts 347 karma points
    May 14, 2015 @ 06:26
    Chris Mahoney
    0

    Document Types won't open after upgrade

    Hi,

    I've upgraded an old site from 4.7.1.1 to 6.2.5, and have found that some content nodes are missing their rich text editors. My first port of call was Document Types, but none of them will open. I suspect that both of these issues have the same base cause.

    I get the following when I try to view any document type:

    [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.SetupStructurePane() +1073
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.OnInit(EventArgs e) +169
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +185
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +290
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +290
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +290
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +290
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2097

    I've found a couple of other posts about this issue, but haven't found a workable solution. The most relevant seems to be https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/39602-Upgrade-to-602-invalidates-DocumentTypes but it was fixed with an upgrade to 6.0.3 so that doesn't really help when I'm on 6.2.5. https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/59561-Error-when-opening-doc-types-after-upgrade-to-72 also seems to be the same sort of issue, but I've tried removing ExamineIndexes and I don't have "ulconsy" installed.

    Does anyone have any other ideas?

    Thanks :)

  • Chris Mahoney 188 posts 347 karma points
    May 15, 2015 @ 01:26
    Chris Mahoney
    0

    I've downloaded the 6.2.5 source, run it in Visual Studio and have pointed it to a copy of the database... and everything works. It therefore seems to show that the database itself doesn't have any issues.

    I've reapplied permissions and have compared Web.config with a fresh install (nothing weird in there) but can't think of anything else to try.

  • Chris Mahoney 188 posts 347 karma points
    May 26, 2015 @ 22:41
    Chris Mahoney
    0

    Fixed. The Umbraco and Umbraco_Client directories hadn't deployed correctly when the site was upgraded (drag-dropping them in Explorer was silently failing; they simply weren't copying). I redid the copy from a command prompt and everything is working now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft