Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kris Janssen 210 posts 569 karma points c-trib
    Jan 16, 2010 @ 18:21
    Kris Janssen

Umbraco friendly providers in the BeNeLux area?

Are there any good providers for hosting Umbraco websites in the BeNeLux area?

Currently, somebody has already suggested me http://www.softsyshosting.com/ which seems to offer good value for money but I'm not really convinced just yet...

The Umbraco instance I intend to run would be to give my sisters physiotherapy practice a web presence, so probably not a huge amount of traffic/diskspace needed....

Any tips would be welcome!

• Richard Soeteman 4045 posts 12898 karma points MVP 2x
    Jan 16, 2010 @ 20:13
    Richard Soeteman

Hi for small sires check out Nitroserve a Dutch hosting company

Cheers,

Richard

Jan 16, 2010 @ 20:14
    Richard Soeteman

Ah typo sires == sites. You can run sites in full trust on Nitroserve.

Cheers,

Richard

Jan 16, 2010 @ 21:13
    Kris Janssen

Thanks for the info! Did you use their services before (especially for running Umbraco)? Pleased with the performance?

Cheers,

Kris

Jan 17, 2010 @ 14:09
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Kris,

I've used them for two sites, one is not live yet, the other http://greenrivers.eu/ No issues at all. Their support is great. For "Business critical" sites I use Webstekker but haven't experience downtime or performence problems with Nitroserve,

Cheers,

Richard

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 18, 2010 @ 09:37
    Dirk De Grave

Kris,

softsyshosting is a decent one as well. Have used them before and their support is also great. Only downside is that they're located overseas... so it'll probably best to check Richard's hosting suggestion as well. I've still to see a Belgian competitor that offers similar services but at reasonable prices...

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jan 22, 2010 @ 17:18
    Kris Janssen

Hello Dirk,

I decided to go with Nitroserve but I ran into trouble right away. First they did not set FTP permissions properly. They fixed it reasonably quickly however.

Now however, there is a problem in connecting to the db.

I modified Web.config correctly with the proper settings but now I constantly get error messages while running the installer. I get notified that writing to web.config is not possible although web.config already contains the correct settings...

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 22, 2010 @ 22:28
    Dirk De Grave

Ftp'ing has always been a pita, it seems to reset permissions in some way... I've commented on your other post re the web.config issue.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft