Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• KsuValk 32 posts 52 karma points
    Jan 19, 2010 @ 01:01
    KsuValk

Newby question - install success but Runway pages do not show up

Pulled down latest zip install, applied it to site, copied in net35 version of config file, created db and updated config file with db info and with smtp info.

Ran through install no problems.  Chose to install the runway stuff as part of the install.

But now after successful install no pages come up when hit the site.  It thinks there are no pages published but in Content area it shows the runway home page and faq pages as published.  Tried re-publishing too.  What am I missing?

Windows Server 2003, IIS6 install, SQL 2005 Express.

Thanks!

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jan 19, 2010 @ 05:55
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Check if the Umbraco.Config file in the /Data folder is updated, I think not and you need to give the Network Service account Read/write rights on that folder.

Cheers,

Richard

Jan 19, 2010 @ 08:38
    KsuValk

Yep that was at least part of the issue.  Many thanks!  Always ends up being a permissions thing.

During the problems, I think I ended up getting the faq module out of synch.  Now, when I try to uninstall and re-install it (to make sure it is installed and working correctly), I get the error below.  What's the best way to get it completely uninstalled and correctly re-installed? 

Thx :)

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'faq'  Key being added: 'faq'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'faq'  Key being added: 'faq'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'faq'  Key being added: 'faq']
       System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add) +7484392
       System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value) +11
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.initTemplateAliases() +195
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.set_Alias(String value) +156
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) +1802
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.LoadNitros.installNitros(Object sender, EventArgs e) +491
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Jan 19, 2010 @ 08:55
    KsuValk

I re-installed things with proper permissions on data folder, then installed faq module and all looks good now.

Thx :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft