Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steven Wilber 103 posts 98 karma points
    Jan 19, 2010 @ 23:22
    Steven Wilber

Upgrading from 3.0.6 to 4.0.3 corrupted the dates in the date property field of cmspropertydata

I'm not sure what caused this or whether it was a DB setting or something, but I thought that I would post a forum post just to see if I'm alone. If I'm not, then I'll add it to the bug list on Codeplex.

Basically when upgrading to 4.0.3 from 3.0.6 any dates stored as a date in the cmspropertydata table (document type properties stored as a date) were reinterpreted from UK to US format, i.e. the days and months were reversed where possible.

I upgraded a backup of the system, thus I have the old one to compare to and both are on the same server with the same database server, so no setting should really have changed which is why it is so strange, but an example date on the v3 database is "2008-07-09 00:00:00.000" and on the v4 database it is "2008-09-07 00:00:00.000". Note the 07 and 09 have switched places.

It's no major biggie and I'll just write an update SQL statement to switch them round again where the days is less than or equal to 12, but if anyone else has had this issue, please make a note here and I'll escalate to codeplex.

Cheers to all

Steve

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jan 19, 2010 @ 23:37
    Thomas Höhler

Did you compare the language settings of the two databases? Morten Bock told me to check before upgrading...

Thomas

• Steven Wilber 103 posts 98 karma points
    Jan 20, 2010 @ 03:33
    Steven Wilber

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your suggestion.

The database that was upgraded was a backup and restore of the v3 database restored to the same server so both sit side by side, thus the settings should be the same.

Actually I've been working futher on the problem as it is a huge issue for us.

It turns out that I don't think that it was the upgrade process itself that caused the problem, but it does seem to be a new "feature" of v4.

Basically when publishing using the 'Publish' option from the context menu of the Content Tree the dates get screwed up, ie. months and days reversed where possible. However when using the 'Save & Publish' on a particular node there is no problem.

I've created an issue on Codeplex and also uploaded a video.

Sadly I have spent all evening working on a SQL Script to update the database and then one by one republishing the nodes (there are hundreds).

Hopefully this post can be a warning to others and maybe everyone can vote up the codeplex issue so that it gets fixed.

Maybe this is just an issue of my own doing, but I've been on Umbraco since v2 and I've never seen anything like this.

Cheers

Steve

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jan 20, 2010 @ 09:40
    Thomas Höhler

Sad to hear...

Thomas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft