Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• DotNetPervert 18 posts 34 karma points
    Jan 21, 2010 @ 05:31
    DotNetPervert

Urgent help needed!!! Runs locally on Cassini but fails on remote IIS

Hi guys,

whoever can help me with this will be hailed as my hero as this is an urgent project :)

Anyway, as explained, I developed a site locally on Cassini, tried to transfer it over to a subdomain on a remote server which runs IIS 6 and it basically comes back with

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 96:       <assemblies>
    Line 97: <!-- ASPNETAJAX -->
    Line 98: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    Line 99: <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />
    Line 100: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

That is strange because the server is definitely configured to have all the necessary extensions and frameworks. I copied another Umbraco site from a different subdomain on the same server into my new subdomain and it runs just fine. So there is something wrong with the new site but I am not sure where to look.

A strange thing that was happening with Cassini during the local development: while making a dynamic navigation I might have written some code that causes memory leak as Cassini started coming up with a prompt asking to debug it (referring to unhandled SqlHelperException in an Umbraco layer). Debugging it got me nowhere, cancelling debugging made Cassini die, upon starting it again the debugging message would come back. If no action was taken and message was left hanging I could work on the site no problem, so I just left the message while developing the site.

When I realised that the site won't run on the remote server I reinstalled Umbraco on local and copied all necessary old files over to the new installation. I pointed the new installation to the old database. The debug message came up once but that was all. The site seems to run fine on local now without provoking any funnies from Cassini. However, I tried transferring it to the remote server again and it still comes back with the same message.

Not sure what to do, the deadline is pressuring me at work right now so if anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome!

Thank you in advance, hope to hear from you!!!

Kostya

Jan 21, 2010 @ 06:02
    DotNetPervert

Update:

CHanged the web.config to match the one on the existing functioning umbraco app. Now the error does not come up but it hangs for a long time trying to laod it and eventually comes back with either "Connection was reset" or sometimes with "

Access to the path 'C:\Inetpub\vhosts\*********\subdomains\crescentinvestments\httpdocs\data\umbraco.config' is denied.

"

Based on the fact that it hangs for a long time makes me think that my potential memory leak might still be present? But not sure why sometimes it tells  me that access to the config file is denied? The suspected memory leak occured (if it did occur at all) while I was programming an XSLT dynamic navigation, which would make sense as it is sometimes easy to get into an infinite loop while writing recursive functions.

Anyway, hope this helps paint the picture better and hope someone knows what's going on.

Cheers!

Jan 21, 2010 @ 06:12
    DotNetPervert

Another update:

Tried removing the dynamic nav XSLT file from the xslt folder to see if that takes out a suspected infinite loop but still exactly the same thing, looks like the problem is not in the recursive xslt programming.

Jan 21, 2010 @ 08:32
    DotNetPervert

Fixed, updated web.config to an older version.

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jan 21, 2010 @ 09:04
    Thomas Höhler

The Parser Error Message:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

means that the requested version cannot be found. If you have installed ASP.NET 3.5 on your server you can point the extensions to the new version like this:

<runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
    <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/>
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/>
    </dependentAssembly>
    <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions.Design" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/>
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/>
    </dependentAssembly>
    <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="AjaxControlToolkit" publicKeyToken="28f01b0e84b6d53e"/>
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.10920.32880" newVersion="3.0.20820.16598"/>
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.11119.20010" newVersion="3.0.20820.16598"/>
    </dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>
    </runtime>
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft