Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dinovo 40 posts 59 karma points
    Jan 22, 2010 @ 22:10
    Dinovo

Lots of errors in the log?

I have lots of the following 2 different entries in my umbraco log - any ideas to what is causing them and how i can solve the problem so they will no longer apear?

Error #1:
    Error indexing node: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\websites\umbracowebsite\umbraco\data\_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete\segments'. File name: 'C:\websites\umbracowebsite\umbraco\data\_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete\segments' at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) at Lucene.Net.Store.FSIndexInput.Descriptor..ctor(FSIndexInput enclosingInstance, FileInfo file, FileAccess mode) at Lucene.Net.Store.FSIndexInput..ctor(FileInfo path) at Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.OpenInput(String name) at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.Read(Directory directory) at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter.AnonymousClassWith.DoBody() at Lucene.Net.Store.Lock.With.Run() at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter..ctor(Directory d, Analyzer a, Boolean create, Boolean closeDir) at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter..ctor(String path, Analyzer a, Boolean create) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.index.Indexer.ContentIndex(Boolean ForceRecreation) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.index.Indexer.IndexNode(Guid ObjectType, Int32 Id, String Text, String UserName, DateTime CreateDate, Hashtable Fields, Boolean Optimize) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Index(Boolean Optimze)

Error #2:
    Error removing node from umbraco index: 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\websites\umbracowebsite\umbraco\data\_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete\segments'. File name: 'C:\websites\umbracowebsite\umbraco\data\_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete\segments' at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) at Lucene.Net.Store.FSIndexInput.Descriptor..ctor(FSIndexInput enclosingInstance, FileInfo file, FileAccess mode) at Lucene.Net.Store.FSIndexInput..ctor(FileInfo path) at Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.OpenInput(String name) at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.Read(Directory directory) at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReader.AnonymousClassWith.DoBody() at Lucene.Net.Store.Lock.With.Run() at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReader.Open(Directory directory, Boolean closeDirectory) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.index.Indexer.ContentIndexReader() at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.index.Indexer.RemoveNode(Int32 Id)'

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 22, 2010 @ 22:26
    Dirk De Grave

It seems as the lucene index is broken. Remove all files from the /_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete folder (not the folder itself) and reindex the site by browsing to http://site/umbraco/reindex.aspx (May take some time for a large site...)

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jan 23, 2010 @ 01:06
    Dinovo

There is no such folder? (/umbraco/data/_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete/).

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 23, 2010 @ 09:33
    Dirk De Grave

And there should be, as your Lucene index gets stored in that folder... so, I'd create that directory and perform the re-index.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jan 23, 2010 @ 10:42
    Dinovo

Created the folder now, and run the reindex.aspx page. But nothing seems to happend - have kept it runnig for about 60 minutes and it still just shows;

Re-index in progress

0 of Not calculated yet documents indexed. Currently indexing ''

It's a fairly small site with currently max 200 pages. The folder i created is also still empty?

• Anders Burla 2560 posts 8256 karma points
    Jan 23, 2010 @ 15:27
    Anders Burla

I have had the same problem and havent found a way to solve it. One thing i found out is that the index is running even when saying "0 of Not calculated yet documents indexed. Currently indexing" ( could see files being created, merged and deleted on the server in the right folder. When at some point it just stops and write the error message in the log.

If i empty the trash can it run for longer time but not to the end. Is there a problem when changing the documenttypes and deleting some document that the indexer cant handle?

Jan 23, 2010 @ 18:33
    Dinovo

I dont seem to be getting the above mentioned error anymore (at least not yet), but now a new error has occured in my log;

At /umbraco/plugins/tinymce3/tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx?rnd=81636b70-c052-4263-b67a-a3b2cdfd1feb&module=gzipmodule&themes=umbraco&plugins=contextmenu,ad_body_TabView1_tab01layer_menu_tableContainerRow (Referred by: http://localhost/umbraco/editContent.aspx?id=1442): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at umbraco.presentation.plugins.tinymce3.GzipModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

There are lots of them and seems to have appeard after i looked at the above problem.

• Arpicheck 27 posts 77 karma points
    Apr 11, 2010 @ 13:41
    Arpicheck

I had the same problem: search drops the error "

Could not find file '....\umbraco\data\_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete\segments'.

"

There wasn't any progress until I noticed that there is this little "segments" folder on the end of the path, which does not exists in my case. So I created it, re-called the reindex page, which was starting like above: "0 of Not calculated yet documents indexed. Currently indexing"; but after a refresh I already saw indexing touching more and more items. During this I did not see any files creating in my "_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete" folder, my "segments" folder went away, but the CPU showed me that indexing is working. After a while files appeared (3-4 mins), and soon indexing was complete. Notice, that my tree was rather short (a few hundred items), so you have to be patient, I think.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft