Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hannah Anais 10 posts 50 karma points
    Jun 13, 2015 @ 11:43
    Hannah Anais

Installing Umbraco on 123 Reg hosting.

I have 123 Reg Windows hosting where I have created a Windows SQL database. This then gave me a few lines of ASP to include in my Umbraco WebConfig file.

I have downloaded Umbraco7 from the site and added the code to the WebConfig file in the Umbraco files/folders. Next I upload all these via FTP to my hosting package. I now have a 500 error on the assigned domain name :(

I then removed this ASP code and when I went back to my domain name I was able to see the Umbraco install. This then prompted me to pick a UserName and Password. Then I was asked to log in with this user name and password. Despite entering this information correctly, I am told these are incorrect and I can not progress further :(

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 13, 2015 @ 12:18
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

it's possible you are getting that because you site is hosted on a server running .net in Medium Trust (many shared hosts do this).

Umbraco requires Full Trust (see https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/49047-Umbraco-7-in-Medium-Trust-environment)

if you change the error reporting in your sites web.config

from

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" />

to

<customErrors mode="Off" />

then you should get an error message back, if it's like the one in the above forum post, then you are running in medium trust.

you could see if 123 reg can offer a full trust hosting environment, or you might need to change hosting companies :(

• Hannah Anais 10 posts 50 karma points
    Jun 13, 2015 @ 14:58
    Hannah Anais

I am in now. Thanks. There seems to be a connectivity issue. I have moved on to a laptop and I managed to log in. However, I keep being logged out every two minutes. Which is annoying but better than nothing whilst I discover how to use Umbraco :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft