Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bruno 23 posts 53 karma points
    Jun 22, 2015 @ 03:06
    Bruno

Problem while using visual studio to "web deploy" to a shared hosting

Error 1 Could not open Source file: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\xxxxxx\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx\xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx\umbraco\Xslt\Web.config;\umbraco\Xslt\Web.config'. 0 0 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

I am trying a web deploy to my shared hosting, but i am getting same problem as this one: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/60222-Umbraco-721-Build-fails-after-deploy-to-Azure-WebSite, however i am not able to solve it with setting "umbraco/xslt/web.config build action to none.

according to this link, the same problem should been solved, right ? I have installed using nuget version 7.2.6 of umbraco cms

Can someone help in this ?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 22, 2015 @ 20:44
    Tom Fulton

Hi Bruno,

I spent some time looking into this one a long time ago. Are you perhaps handling copying the umbraco/umbraco_client directories yourself? My issue was that we excluded these folders from the deployment/repo and used an xcopy command to copy them from the NuGet folder on build. This worked great, but newer versions of Umbraco also have their own mechanisms of copying these folders, which then apparently gets VS/MSDeploy really confused about duplicate transforms.

My workaround has been to simply remove Umbraco's mechanism of copying the files (though I should probably go the other way around). To do so, remove these two lines from your .csproj:

<Import Project="..\packages\UmbracoCms.7.2.6\build\UmbracoCms.props" Condition="Exists('..\packages\UmbracoCms.7.2.6\build\UmbracoCms.props')" />
    <Import Project="..\packages\UmbracoCms.7.2.6\build\UmbracoCms.targets" Condition="Exists('..\packages\UmbracoCms.7.2.6\build\UmbracoCms.targets')" />

Probably not the "right" way but it's been working well for me :)

Hope that helps, Tom

• Marco Ranieri {umbriaco} 21 posts 84 karma points
    Feb 09, 2016 @ 13:48
    Marco Ranieri {umbriaco}

It was very helpful for me, thank you Tom!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft