Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Egil Kristiansen 37 posts 160 karma points
    Jul 07, 2015 @ 13:53
    Jan Egil Kristiansen

WebMatrix Web Deploy

I have installed and developed an Umbraco site locally with MS WebMatrix.

Now it is time to deploy to my hotel. That fails, because I am not authorized to create a database. The hotel has created an empty database for me, and I can access it with Management Studio.

Shouldn't an existing database be the normal case, WebMatrix surely can't expect my hotel to let me crate databases?

So I must be doing something wrong in Umbraco?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 07, 2015 @ 14:23
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Jan,

The first thing is to be sure which type of database that you are using, If you go to the folder App_Data folder of you Umbraco installation did you see a file called Umbraco.sdf?

If you do then you are using the embedded SQL CE database, and then you donĀ“t need create a new database on your production environment, but just upload the files to the server using WebMatrix.

If you are using an SQL database, then I would create a backup of the database that you have locally, and then install the backup on the production environment.

After this just upload the files to the server, and when this is done, you only need to change the connection string to the database so it points to the right database on the production environment.

You can also change the connection string before you upload the files to the server.

Hope this helps, and make sense.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft