Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jamie Wu 19 posts 79 karma points
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 08:51
    Jamie Wu

[Upgrade]No Installer page after copying the files (6.2.4 -> 7.2.6)

Hi,

I come across this problem a while now and can't sort it out So ask for help here.

After copying all the files upgrading requires and merge config files, go to the website root path then get the following error:`

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid column name 'propertyEditorAlias'. Invalid column name 'propertyEditorAlias'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'propertyEditorAlias'. Invalid column name 'propertyEditorAlias'.

Obviously the database hasn't been upgraded so the column isn't existed. No umbraco7 installer page.

Thanks Jamie `

• John Churchley 272 posts 1258 karma points c-trib
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 08:55
    John Churchley

Are you trying to jump straight from 6.2.4 -> 7.2.6

Have you tried following the steps here

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/version-specific

• Jamie Wu 19 posts 79 karma points
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 09:09
    Jamie Wu

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Does it have to upgrade version by version like 6.2.4->7.0-> 7.1->7.2?

I used nuget to upgrade on my local machine and achieve a successful upgrade (6.2.4 - > 7.2.6). Assumed it would work the same on live one?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft