This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott Hugh Alexandar Petersen 349 posts 164 karma points
    Jan 28, 2010 @ 16:55
    Scott Hugh Alexandar Petersen

Baaahh umbraco stalling :(

Hey everybody,

Look I have the following situation okay:

• I installed umbraco which went just perfect
    • Then I set up all the document types, templates, xslt, css, macros etc... everything.
    • Set up a page - everything working perfectly until ...
    • I try to run the front page.. then the server just CRASHES!!!!! argh... what is going on. Everything was working just beautifully until I hit the site.
    • Okay, i tried to remove my web.config and it gave me an error, then I put code into the web.config and when I came to <add name="umbracoRequestModule" type="umbraco.presentation.requestModule" /> in the httpModules it stopped working again.

What might be going wrong here? Please help me - I am totally lost!

Thank you.

Info:

• Umbraco Version: 4.0.3
    • asp.net version: 2.0 and 3.5 installed (I copied the web.config from codeplex for 3.5 and it worked well for the installation)
    • Windows and iis version: Windows 2003 iis 6
    • Stacktrace: doesn't even get this far so nothing here
    • A detailed description of what you did before the issue happened: just above my friends.
  • anthony hall 222 posts 536 karma points
    Jan 28, 2010 @ 17:42
    anthony hall

so you get no error message, It just freezes? rename the umbraco.config to "!umbraco.config" and then republish the top content node. Does the "umbraco.config" get regenerated. I'm thinking you have permissions issues. 

Jan 28, 2010 @ 17:50

no error message, no nothing, just freezes.

I tried to rename the umbraco.config but as I cannot get into the backend then I cannot check to see if it gets regenerated. I assume it will because in the backend when it was possible to log in I could publish and the umbraco.config file was update at least.

So what do you think I should look after.

Thanks

Jan 28, 2010 @ 18:18
    anthony hall

oh so you can't even get to /umbraco/umbraco.aspx?

Any info in your event log. DId you install any packages. Restart the app pool. 

Jan 28, 2010 @ 18:26

Well it all worked (save that I did not try out the front end at all while installing and setting up Umbraco).

As soon as I hit the frontpage it just freezed. After that I could not get back into the backend. Everything locked up.

I have no direct control over the server so I have to submit a support ticket but they are interested in getting it up running.

I did not try to install any packages but Umbraco told me that permission settings were perfect.

I would have to request info from event log (what should I [they] look for)?

Jan 28, 2010 @ 18:33
    anthony hall

ok, well first ask them  to recycle the app pool. That should hopefully let you get back into the back end. 50% of these issue are permissions related ( there are some doc in wiki about this). So that would be first port of call. Also ask them to see if there are any error in the event log?

If you do get into the back republish and see if the umbraco.config gets rebuilt. 

Jan 29, 2010 @ 10:12

Been trying to get it up running but no luck so far, right now they are looking at permissions :S

Darn I hope they'll get it to work.

Jan 29, 2010 @ 22:58

Okay, we have found out that it really is dying at the requestModule. Any ideas?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft