Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jaime Munera 9 posts 39 karma points
    Jul 22, 2015 @ 07:20
    Jaime Munera

Migrating umbraco 4.11.8 to new server with same specs

Hello, I'm having some issues migrating a live umbraco (v4.11.8) installation hosted on WinServer 2008 R2 with MSSQL Server Standard 2008 and IIS7.5 to a staging server with almost the same specs, the only difference is the SQL Server which is the MSSQL Server Web Edition 2008.

Basically what I've done during the process is what is suggested in many other posts related to this one. I've backed up the DB and then restore it into the new server. In terms of the files I just zipped the folder and moved over to the new server.

I have also added read/write permission rights to that folder for II_IUSRS group, so IIS can access web.config file.

When I'm trying to access the site, that's the error I've got:

HTTP ERROR 500.19

Can someone please advise how can I solve this issue?

Thanks

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 22, 2015 @ 09:11
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Jaime and welcome to our.

Does the new server have the URL Rewrite installed. If not try to install it on the server and see if this solve the problem.

You can download the URL rewrite module http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jul 23, 2015 @ 06:21
    Jaime Munera

Thanks Dennis, that seemed to work, because at least it turned into something else. Now I'm having an error apparently because it couldn't load an assembly:

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Helpers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

enter image description here

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 23, 2015 @ 06:31
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Make sure to install MVC on your server, see: http://stackoverflow.com/a/267021/5018

Jul 23, 2015 @ 07:17
    Jaime Munera

Thanks Sebastiaan, I've installed it now. The server is now asking that

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

There's no assembly line in the web.config file referring to that version of MVC 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

Jul 23, 2015 @ 07:25
    Jul 23, 2015 @ 07:26
    Sebastiaan Janssen

In your runtime\assemblyBinding section in your web.config you probably need to change the bindingRedirect on System.Web.Mvc to 4.0.0.1:

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Mvc" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.0.1" newVersion="4.0.0.1" />
      </dependentAssembly>

Jul 23, 2015 @ 08:13
    Jaime Munera

Thanks guys, your help is being so helpful, seems that everytime I add anything it keeps asking for new things, this time is this.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.] System.Web.Mvc.PreApplicationStartCode.Start() +0

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Start on type System.Web.Mvc.PreApplicationStartCode threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..] System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethodsCore(ICollection1 methods, Func1 setHostingEnvironmentCultures) +12619651 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +12619372 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath, Boolean& isRefAssemblyLoaded) +280 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart() +172 System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +1151

[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method Start on type System.Web.Mvc.PreApplicationStartCode threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12618692 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12458309

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34249

Jul 23, 2015 @ 08:17
    Jul 23, 2015 @ 09:00
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Jaime, it almost sounds like you don't have the full bin folder deployed to your site. It should have contained System.Web.Mvc.dll (v4.0.0.0) and should contain System.Web.WebPages.Razor.dll. Are you sure you deployed everything properly?

Jul 24, 2015 @ 05:20
    Jaime Munera

@Sebastiaan, I've copied the whole website directory from the live server, so whatever is in there, is what I have in the staging server. That's my frustration as I'm new with Umbraco and thought that just simply copying the files along and restoring the DB should be right, but it seems that it isn't that simple.

Is it somewhere I can download those assemblies I'm missing?

Jul 24, 2015 @ 05:51
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Sorry that that's been your first experience with Umbraco, we've improved it so much since version 4!

That said, the WebPages.Razor dll IS in the 4.11.8 package so it should be in your bin folder as well, make sure to compare your current bin folder with the bin folder in UmbracoCms.4.11.8.zip downloaded from here: https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/4118/

Jul 24, 2015 @ 06:33
    Jaime Munera

Thanks, what I mean to do actually is perform the upgrade of the CMS in the live site, but before doing it there, I opted to set an staging environment first to avoid any chance of breaking anything in there. So because it's been developed by someone else, I having all of these dependency issues.

Now that I have copied all the .dll from the online version, the server is telling me this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)] System.Web.Mvc.PreApplicationStartCode.Start() +0

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Start on type System.Web.Mvc.PreApplicationStartCode threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040).] System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethodsCore(ICollection1 methods, Func1 setHostingEnvironmentCultures) +12619651 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +12619372 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath, Boolean& isRefAssemblyLoaded) +280 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart() +172 System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +1151

[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method Start on type System.Web.Mvc.PreApplicationStartCode threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040).] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12618692 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12458309

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34249

Jul 24, 2015 @ 06:53
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Ah, so the error you were getting was actually because there's a different version of the dll found in the GAC, so once again you have to tell Umbraco to use the version in your bin folder, add this to your web.config and see if that helps:

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.WebPages.Razor" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.0.0.0" newVersion="2.0.0.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>

Jul 24, 2015 @ 06:55
    Jaime Munera

I've got it working now (sight), I downloaded the bin folder from the last 6.x.x version and pasted it on the staging bin folder.

Now the thing is to proceed with the upgrade, do you have any suggestions about it? knowing the version of the CMS I'm on (4.11.8), and aiming to the last version 7.x.x.

Jul 24, 2015 @ 07:07
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Yeah, my suggestion if you're new is good luck! :-)

It really depends on the packages and custom datatypes you have installed. Realistically, most people on 4.11 can get up to 6.2.5 without too many problems but in v7 the backoffice is almost completely rewritten and most custom datatypes will have to be replaced with newer versions. Your mileage may vary.

Upgrade guides:

Then there's also a recommended upgrade path on this site: http://code.leekelleher.com/umbraco/archive/

Jul 29, 2015 @ 06:18
    Jaime Munera

I'm getting this error after I have install the path fixer package

Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.IApplicationEventHandler' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.4779.24225, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. 

Stack Trace: 

[TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.IApplicationEventHandler' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.4779.24225, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.]
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, ObjectHandleOnStack retTypes) +0
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes() +49
       Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.GetTypesWithFormattedException(Assembly a) +140
       Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.GetTypes(Type assignTypeFrom, IEnumerable`1 assemblies, Boolean onlyConcreteClasses) +161
       Umbraco.Core.PluginManager.LoadViaScanningAndUpdateCacheFile(TypeList typeList, TypeResolutionKind resolutionKind, Func`1 finder) +53
       Umbraco.Core.PluginManager.ResolveTypes(Func`1 finder, TypeResolutionKind resolutionType, Boolean cacheResult) +1357
       Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.InitializeApplicationEventsResolver() +77
       Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.Initialize() +536
       Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Initialize() +51
       Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e) +100

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.IApplicationEventHandler' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.4779.24225, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.]
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +12601645
       System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +175
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +304
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +404
       System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +475

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.IApplicationEventHandler' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.4779.24225, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12618692
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12458309

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft