Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Atcheson 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 29, 2010 @ 05:01
    Matt Atcheson

can you run alongside existing application

Hi,

From what i've read here it seems this may not be possible. I would just like to confirm this is the case, and forgive me if its an noob question.

I have an existing site which I will need to run, its more of a web application then website, so I can't use umbraco for it. But I want to use Umbraco for all content pages except a handful custom ones. Ideally the custom non-umbraco pages would be wrapped by umbraco to maintain consistency of site navigation etc.

thanks for your time.

• Jesper Hauge 298 posts 487 karma points c-trib
    Jan 29, 2010 @ 09:33
    Jesper Hauge

As you've probably read, umbraco is designed to be running from the root of the site, and not in a virtual directory below.

But anyway, there's lot's of sites around that are Umbraco based, and has special pages with web-application features. If you're trying to get a site up and running with umbraco maintained pages, and a handful custom pages, I would recommend porting the custom pages you need to asp.net usercontrols, and then use these usercontrols in Umbraco.

Theres a video explaining how to use usercontrols in Umbraco here:

http://umbraco.org/documentation/videos/for-developers/foundation/using-net-user-controls

Regards
    Jesper Hauge

• Gordon Saxby 1459 posts 1880 karma points
    Jan 29, 2010 @ 15:16
    Gordon Saxby

I did a website recently that was ported over from classic ASP. There a couple of sections (customer admin stuff) which couldn't be moved into Umbraco at the time, so I run those sections in the same hosting space, alongside Umbraco. You just need to add the folder(s) to the "umbracoReservedPaths" key in the web.config.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft