Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kristjan hugosson 50 posts 24 karma points
    Jan 29, 2010 @ 12:05
    Kristjan hugosson

Moving website to hosted server

Hi

I just moved an old Umbraco (3.0.3) website from my own server to UnoEuro, But I am having some problems getting it to work.

I get this error message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invalid object name 'umbracoUser'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'umbracoUser'.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must admit that is has been awhile since I last worked with Umbraco, so this could just be an error on my part.

I made a backup of the database and sent it to UnoEuro and they restored it
    for me.

Er der andre der har haft samme fejl og har fundet en løsning?

Jan 29, 2010 @ 12:10
    Kristjan hugosson

I don't know why I wrote the last part in Danish.... :-)

But here is what it was supposed to say: Are there others who have had the same problem and found a solution?

/ Kristjan

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Jan 29, 2010 @ 12:32
    Seth Niemuth

You need to confirm that it is the correct credentials/database name that you are connecting to your restored database. It is basically saying that it can't find umbracoUser (and that is the first thing it looks for when connecting to the database on login).

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Jan 29, 2010 @ 12:33
    jaygreasley

the new web host probably haven't set up you database user (umbracoUser). Either they need to create that user in the database or you may need to change the db user used by umbraco (web.config?)

hth

j

Jan 29, 2010 @ 12:50
    Kristjan hugosson

Hi
    I got at new username/password for UnoEuro when i signed up - thats the one that I am using.
    I just tried to change the username/password to the one that I had before - then I get an error about connection problems.

I googled and found this link: http://commerce4umbraco.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=64846

And the last post says:
    The schema qualifier is set in the database, not in a .config file.  Have a look at your database in Management Studio and I think you'll see the issue. 
    Your tables need to have the [dbo] qualifier in front of the table name - I'm guessing yours has [umbracouser] or something similar.
    -Paul

When I look I can see that none of my table names are dbo, but the old username (OneOff_umbraco and the new username is oneoffbymaabo_dk). How can I change the table name to the new user?

/ Kristjan

Jan 29, 2010 @ 14:02
    Seth Niemuth

Here is how you change the owner/alter schema for a single table in a database...you will probably have to create a function in order to change the owner for all tables in your database...you can google search for this.

To move database object (such as table) from one schema to another (to change schema that object belongs to) use Alter Schema statement:

ALTER SCHEMA NewSchema TRANSFER dbo.MyTable;

Feb 08, 2010 @ 19:44
    Kristjan hugosson

Sorry for the late reply.

I am afraid that I do not know how to do what you suggest.
    I don't have much experience working with SQL databases - can you help me a little further, so I can get it working?

/ Kristjan

Feb 11, 2010 @ 16:45
    Seth Niemuth

Here is the MSDN article for it: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173423.aspx.

You just need to run the SQL queries in Management Studio Express on your umbraco database. (There is an SQL button and to run whatever is in the text area, you hit the !Execute button)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft