Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave de Moel 122 posts 574 karma points c-trib
    Jul 23, 2015 @ 09:54
    Dave de Moel

Problem upgrading Umbraco from 7.0.4 to latest

Hello,

When trying to upgrade Umbraco from version 7.0.4 to the latest version I run into a problem. When I copy over the files like mentioned on the Upgrade page, and then running the website, I have to log in to Authorize the upgrade.

However, when I fill in the form, and click the log in button, nothing happens. How can this be?

• Martin Hornsby 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 23, 2015 @ 10:00
    Martin Hornsby

I had similar issues on my setup when using IE11. Turned out it was dumping JavaScript error messages to the Console. Loading the site up using Chrome worked.

Jul 23, 2015 @ 10:06
    Dave de Moel

Ahh that did bring me further, google throws a 500 error: "POST http://localhost:57855/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin 500 (Internal Server Error)"

Jul 23, 2015 @ 10:07
    Dave de Moel

And the complete error is:

{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"Entry point was not found.","ExceptionType":"System.EntryPointNotFoundException","StackTrace":"   at System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1.Add(T item)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.OutgoingDateTimeFormatAttribute.Initialize(HttpControllerSettings controllerSettings, HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor.InvokeAttributesOnControllerType(HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor, Type type)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor.InvokeAttributesOnControllerType(HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor, Type type)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor..ctor(HttpConfiguration configuration, String controllerName, Type controllerType)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.DefaultHttpControllerSelector.InitializeControllerInfoCache()\r\n   at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Lazy`1.get_Value()\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.DefaultHttpControllerSelector.GetControllerMapping()\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.WebApi.NamespaceHttpControllerSelector.SelectController(HttpRequestMessage request)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)"}

Jul 23, 2015 @ 11:50
    Dave de Moel

I ran the Nuget installer over the project and the upgrade seems to have mostly worked out. However, when trying to open a front end page I now get a reference error: " Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Helpers' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?) "

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 23, 2015 @ 12:03
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Dave,

It seems that you are missing a or some dll´s file in your bin folder. What you could try to do is download the files from https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/ of the version of Umbraco that you are using.

And then unzip the file, and copy over the dll files from the bin directory into your bin folder of your Umbraco installation.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft