Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• wood1e 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jan 30, 2010 @ 19:37
    wood1e

Installing

Hi, I have got very very confused trying to install Umbraco. 

I followed the instructions regarding installing, the various requirements, although now I have MSSQL Server 2005 and 2008. PLus UltiDev Cassini Web Server and IIS 7!!!

Then I download the ZIPPED Umbraco files, but couldn't find an installer.  Then I tried the web installer, but this failed because it couldn't create a database.

Can anyone provide some info on where I might have gone wrong?

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Jan 30, 2010 @ 19:48
    jaygreasley

Hey there,

If you just want to try it out then I recommend the Web Platform Installer from Microsoft. It will install everything you need including Umbraco!

hth

Jay

Jan 30, 2010 @ 19:54
    wood1e

That's what I thought but it never installed anything...

So i have installed everything individually.

Now I am using Web Installing, I tcik please install Umbraco, I click I agree.

Then I get the 'Enter the site Information' The trouble is I haven't created a site.  I selected default.aspx when I set up the CAssini Webserver.

So I think I have just confused myself completely.....:(  What needs to be filled in on this page?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 01, 2010 @ 00:22
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I don't  know what you're trying to do with Cassini.. You can just use the IIS7 that you already have :-)

Have a look at the screencast that I just put up, it might help you understanding the different parts better.

Feb 01, 2010 @ 17:20
    wood1e

Many thanks I will have a look :)  The only reason I was looking at Cassini is because depending which install instructions you read through it mentions to use that rather than II7...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft