Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• wood1e 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jan 31, 2010 @ 11:16
    wood1e

DEMO Site for end users.

Hi,

I have been looking through the forum as I cannot find a end user demo site anywhere.  What I did find was reasons not ro have one. I realise that there will be a management of the site, which can be time consuming.

And this is a purely selfish reason to have one. I have a potential client, who I gate crashed the tendering process.  Now in the short time I cannot get Umbraco set and working as a demo to show them, in terms of time for me/my developer to work through it, or in fact the time to show the client.  But I know if I could offer a online working demo they could look at it.

One of there issues is the fact that their current website has what they call an inflexible content management system.

Now what they want is everything!! What that is I don;t know!! So I can understand developers saying what has been said from their point of view. 

But from an end users point of view they are not interested whether there is XSLT/ASP.NET blah blah blah.

What they want to know is what does the back end admin content management look like, feel like.. And then the sales pitch of the back end admin flexibility which can do so much more then easily change the textual content, image content, or scheduled publishing dates. 

Anyway it is just a thought, I shall wait for my developer to come in tomorrow and sort out the installation...that I have failed to install :) 

• ianhoughton 281 posts 605 karma points c-trib
    Feb 01, 2010 @ 10:09
    ianhoughton

Have you tried installing Warren Buckley's CWS package ? http://umbracocws.codeplex.com/

Feb 01, 2010 @ 17:21
    wood1e

HI, not yet still struggling with install :) BUt will have a look once install completed!! :)

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Feb 01, 2010 @ 19:59
    Chris Koiak

Hi Wood1e,

You can try either

All of these should install a basic site that you can demo. I'd personally go with either cws or business website starter for your demo.

Cheers,

Chris

Feb 03, 2010 @ 15:59
    wood1e

Many thanks once I have managed to install Umbraco I will have a look at the front end :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft