Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Heaney 8 posts 29 karma points
    Feb 01, 2010 @ 17:51
    Thomas Heaney

Problems installing on Softsys shared hosting

Hi all,

I'm having a terrible time getting Umbraco to run on Softsys shared hosting. Support have enabled full trust AFAIK (not sure how to test this) and I'm sure I have set the correct file permissions as per the installation guides. The site is running on the .NET 3.5 framework and I have tried using both the default web.config file and the 3.5 web.config files. I'm by no means a .NET expert, I have managed to install Umbraco many times before but this is the first time I have tried on shared hosting.

The current problem (latest of many!) is one I just cant seem to find a solution to. Installation seems complete but when I try to open umbraco.aspx I am getting a Security Exception, the output is shown below.

Umbraco version - 4.0.3

ASP.NET - 3.5

Windows Server 2008 (shared hosting) + IIS7

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thomas

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
    System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
    System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +58
    System.AppDomainSetup.VerifyDir(String dir, Boolean normalize) +93
    umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeResolver.GetAssignablesFromType(String[] files) +353
    umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeResolver.GetAssignablesFromType(String path, String filePattern) +228
    umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesOfType(Boolean useSeperateAppDomain) +107
    umbraco.BusinessLogic.Actions.Action.RegisterIActions() +71
    umbraco.BusinessLogic.Actions.Action..cctor() +150

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Feb 01, 2010 @ 18:28
    Dan

I very often have difficulties with permissions on fresh installations.  Often I just end up enabling full permissions on everything, then tightening up afterwards.  You can control permissions from the softsys admin area - making sure that you ensure the permissions you're setting are recursive.

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Feb 01, 2010 @ 18:29
    Dan

Oh, I forgot to add, their admins don't necessarily have to enable full trust mode as far as I know.  If you just include: <trust level="Full" /> in the system.web section of the web.config file it should run.

• Thomas Heaney 8 posts 29 karma points
    Feb 01, 2010 @ 21:21
    Thomas Heaney

Thanks Dan,

That seemed to do the trick.

Thomas

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Mar 31, 2010 @ 00:39
    Amir Khan

I also had to enable read/write access for the entire wwwroot folder for NETWORK SERVICE and the site during installation so a .tmp file could be written.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft