Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Feb 02, 2010 @ 07:34
    Paul Blair

MySQL and SoftSys

Hi,

Has anyone successfully set up an Umbraco solution using SoftSys hosting and a MySQL database? I've had the solution working fine locally but it does not work when deployed to SoftSys. If you've got this working can you please show me the format for your connection string.

Thanks

Paul

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Feb 02, 2010 @ 12:34
    Seth Niemuth

I haven't tried using MySQL but did you put in a helpdesk ticket to make your site Full Trust?

• Thomas Heaney 8 posts 29 karma points
    Feb 02, 2010 @ 22:21
    Thomas Heaney

Paul,

What's the problem you are having right now? I'm trying out Softsys shared and it's been a bit of a rough ride so far. I'm not using MySQL though I am thinking of tyring it out.

Thomas

Feb 03, 2010 @ 01:24
    Paul Blair

@Seth

This is the first time I have tried using MySQL and this error turned out to be a configuration error on my part (I was pointing to the wrong port). For future reference the connection string at SoftSys for MySQL DB's is:

server=72.18.156.74;Port=3306;database=dbname;user id=umbraco;password=supersecret;datalayer=MySql

@Thomas,

I have used SoftSys for several sites and they have always been very responsive. If there are any problems try their helpdesk and if they can't help fire away here...

• Eric 27 posts 49 karma points
    Feb 23, 2010 @ 22:24
    Eric

I set read and write permissions in the Dotnetpanel and I am still getting this error installing imbraco: Could not save the web.config file. Please modify the connection string manually. Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Any ideas?

Feb 24, 2010 @ 00:28
    Paul Blair

yes,

you need to set read/write permissions to the whole directory as a temp file is created. this is discussed elsewhere in these forums.

I tend to do all my development locally, release to hosting environment and update web.config manually so this avaoids this issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft