Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Heaney 8 posts 29 karma points
    Feb 02, 2010 @ 22:33
    Thomas Heaney

Sudden configuration error when adding content.

Hi all,

More Softsys shared hosting woes.

I was in the process of adding content to the site which was going along fine until for no apparent reason I received the following configuration error. (full details posted below)

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.urlRewriter.FormRewriterControlAdapter'.

I hadn't touched any config options for a few hours and things seemed to be up and running normally.

Does anybody have any idea whats going on here? I've checked file permissions and they seem OK.

I'm at a bit of a loss here again.

Thomas

Umbraco version - 4.0.3

ASP.NET - 3.5

Windows Server 2008 (shared hosting) + IIS7

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.urlRewriter.FormRewriterControlAdapter'.

Source Error:

Line 3:    <browser refID="Default">
    Line 4: <controlAdapters>
    Line 5: <adapter controlType="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm"
    Line 6: adapterType="umbraco.presentation.urlRewriter.FormRewriterControlAdapter" />
    Line 7: </controlAdapters>

Source File: C:\HostingSpaces\seventee\seventeenfour.co.uk\wwwroot\App_Browsers\Form.browser    Line: 5

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

• Chau 66 posts 97 karma points
    Feb 03, 2010 @ 00:01
    Chau

What browser are you using?

• Chau 66 posts 97 karma points
    Feb 03, 2010 @ 01:00
    Chau

I've had trouble when inputting things that should work when using Chrome. I've seen a couple of other reports with it too. I just use IE or FF when using the backend now.

• Thomas Heaney 8 posts 29 karma points
    Feb 03, 2010 @ 12:42
    Thomas Heaney

Chau,

I'm using Firefox 3.5.7 on OSX 10.

Thomas

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Feb 03, 2010 @ 14:58
    Seth Niemuth

There is a solution in  this thread with this same error: http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst7765_Strange-Problem-With-Custom-Controls-Version-4-RC2.aspx

Incorrect DLL versions apparently.

• David W. 159 posts 284 karma points c-trib
    Aug 13, 2010 @ 14:18
    David W.

I had this error when creating a new Visual Studio project and then adding (installed) umbraco files. The problem was I named the project "Umbraco" wich clashed with the umbraco native umbraco.dll in the bin directory. 

Creating a new project with a diffrent name solved it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft