Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• JoAnywhere 12 posts 30 karma points
    Feb 03, 2010 @ 05:08
    JoAnywhere

500 Error when installing 4.0.3 on plesk

Hi there all.

I used Jon Webb's very clear guide on how to install Umbraco 4.0.0 on plesk, and hoped it would work equally well for 4.0.3.

However, I get a 500 Internal Server Error.  Has anyone else had this issue, and can you suggest where I might start looking.

Its running on IIS 7.

When I try to do a site preview, I get the following message (which may or may not be helpful)

---

Error Summary

HTTP Error 500.22 - Internal Server Error

An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.

Detailed Error Information
    Module ConfigurationValidationModule
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler StaticFile
    Error Code 0x80070032
    Requested URL http://bigroom.co.nz:80/
    Physical Path D:\vhosts\bigroom.co.nz\httpdocs
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined
    Most likely causes:
    • This application defines configuration in the system.web/httpModules section.
    Things you can try:
    • Migrate the configuration to the system.webServer/modules section. You can do so manually or by using AppCmd from the command line - for example, %SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd migrate config "Default Web Site/". Using AppCmd to migrate your application will enable it to work in Integrated mode, and continue to work in Classic mode and on previous versions of IIS.
    • If you are certain that it is OK to ignore this error, it can be disabled by setting system.webServer/validation@validateIntegratedModeConfiguration to false.
    • Alternatively, switch the application to a Classic mode application pool - for example, %SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set app "Default Web Site/" /applicationPool:"Classic .NET AppPool". Only do this if you are unable to migrate your application.
    (Set "Default Web Site" and "Classic .NET AppPool" to your application path and application pool name)
    Links and More Information Integrated mode is the preferred mode for running ASP.NET applications on IIS 7.0.

View more information ยป

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 03, 2010 @ 09:09
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Looks like the server you're deploying to is using integrated pipeline mode. You will probably need to use the web.config for .net 3.5 (and IIS7). This web.config does not come with Umbraco by default.

• JoAnywhere 12 posts 30 karma points
    Feb 04, 2010 @ 05:58
    JoAnywhere

Sebastiaan,

Nice move!!!  That worked a treat.  I hand edited the file to get the DB stuff right, and all is well with the world.

Now - having put the cart before the horse, I'd best get a website designed in a hurry :)

Cheers
    Jo

• Richard 12 posts 32 karma points
    Oct 05, 2010 @ 16:56
    Richard

Hi - I am getting the same error - that link above is broken - could you please let me know where I can find the config file you refer to?

I am using the ,net 4.0 framework with the latest umbraco release 4.5.2 - and the server is Windows 2008 and IIS7.

Best regards

Richard/

• Peter Nielsen 159 posts 257 karma points
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 15:04
    Peter Nielsen

Hello,

I get the same error now (trying to move an old site). And I cant find the web.config anymore. Somebody who has the file or something like that? :-)

/Peter

• Peter Nielsen 159 posts 257 karma points
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 15:19
    Peter Nielsen

I got a little further...

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/37337

Downloaded that versionen and used its web.config. That worked for me... no error 500 anymore :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft