Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy 9 posts 30 karma points
    Jul 29, 2015 @ 05:17
    Andy

new wpi install - there are no sections available

I just installed latest version of Umbraco using web platform installer. It all works without creating any errors, but in the backend there are no sections available (media, settinsg etc). It is completely blank and not in the 'view source' as having been created.

The database permissions are all good, and the user ( default one after install) is all set to view these sections.

I can see in the source that no sections are available (so its not just missing icons)

What am I missing here? Generally have no issues at all installing, though never used 7 before.

Jul 29, 2015 @ 05:43
    Andy

Okay, so this works as expected in Firefox v39.0.

Using Chrome v44.0.2403.107 m, I see no Umbraco sections at all. Teh whole left hand side panel is missing.

Very odd.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 29, 2015 @ 18:32
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You likely have some javascript errors, do you? Try clearing your cache to see if that helps.

Jul 29, 2015 @ 22:46
    Andy

Nope, JavaScript console is clear. This has not been edited at all, just a default install of Umbraco.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 30, 2015 @ 06:54
    Sebastiaan Janssen

When you to the network panel in Chrome after logging in and search for "Get" do you see GetSections and GetApplicationTrees with results that make sense? (as in, it looks like json with section- and tree-data)

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft