Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 04, 2010 @ 16:47
    Patrick

Problem with local installation on IIS7 and SQL2008

Hello,

I'm new to umbraco and wanted to install it localy so i can play for it and look if it's interesting for me.
    I'm using SQL2008 database and created a empty database and a user with the datareader, datawriter, owner and public role for this database.

I used the microsoft web app galerry to install umbraco. Th einstallation looks to went OK. but when i start the i get the errors

sometimes i get Invalid object name 'umbracoUser' and I always get an unhandeld exeption ('umbraco.DataLayer.SQLHelperException') occurred in w3wp.exe?

I checked al settings and it looks ok, have anyone has an idee where to fix this.

Greetings,
    Patrick

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Feb 04, 2010 @ 17:26
    Laurence Gillian

Not seen an error like that, not really sure why you would be getting that (but I'm sure someone else will know).

Try giving a manual install a go, its pretty simple and Umbraco is definatly very happy under IIS7 and SQL2k8.

I wrote this very basic guide which steps through the manual install. 

http://bysquirrels.co.uk/?filterby=install

Hope someone can shed some light on that error for you,

Best, Laurie

• dimi309 245 posts 579 karma points
    Feb 04, 2010 @ 20:21
    dimi309

I've had this error quite recently. It turned out that my umbraco database user did not have privileges to execute a stored procedure that I had created. I understand that you have a new installation so it might not be the same case but it really looks like a database access or rights issue. "umbracoUser" is a table in the Umbraco database by the way. Maybe the table has not been created properly, or your database user does not have rights to access it? Normally if you run the Microsoft Microsoft Web Platform Installer, you will get a confirmation if it has been created properly, but as Laurence mentioned the manual installation works pretty well too.

Good luck!

• Patrick 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 04, 2010 @ 20:51
    Patrick

My database user is also named umbracoUser. I thought that was the problem. The database was not installed yet. I created it manualy and also the user. As is written in the installation manuals. I expected that the microsoft installer installed the database in the one I had created. But it didn't. So I thought I will bee created after wards when I started the side. But I didn't try to start from the install folder. So I manualy started the installation form the install folder and whola it works. Thanks for helping me thinking in the right direction.

Thanx!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft