Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• eneunaber 10 posts 64 karma points
    Feb 06, 2010 @ 16:39
    eneunaber

UmbracoMembershipProvider error during installation

During the web install process on my shared hosting environment I'm getting this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Request failed.

Source Error: 

Line 115:      <providers>
    Line 116:        <clear />
    Line 117:        <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="TestType" />
    Line 118:        <add name="AspNetSqlMemberShipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" />
    Line 119:        <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" />

Source File: D:\inetpub\mysite\web.config    Line: 117 

I did some reading and found this topic: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/4712-Configuration-Error-on-login  . But no one said what permission levels were used to solve the problem.

If someone has any suggestions I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,

eric

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Feb 06, 2010 @ 17:59
    Seth Niemuth

Is your site set to full trust? You may have to ask your hosting company to set it to full trust, if it is not. If it is on full trust, I would give all your files full permissions for the ASP user (just to get it working) and then take away permissions from there.

• eneunaber 10 posts 64 karma points
    Feb 06, 2010 @ 18:57
    eneunaber

My assumption is I'm not running in Full trust mode. I started off using the Web installer and when I run into problems I reference this document,  http://umbraco.org/documentation/books/install-umbraco-4-on-windows-vista I used the configure IIS section to request my hosting provider to change permissions for me.  So they are typically very accommodating, I just need to know what specifically to tell what to do. I will put in a ticket to request "full trust" and see where that takes me.  If anyone else has other suggestions I will gladly hear them.

-eric

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft