Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicolai 13 posts 43 karma points
    Feb 08, 2010 @ 09:18
    Nicolai

Prefixing database tables

Hi,

I am using the web installer, and i can see it has created all the tables in my database.

Is it possible, to get it to prefix these tables with something? 

If i want to run more then one umbraco on the same host (on different sub-domains as an example), how will it handle this, if i only have 1 database?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Feb 08, 2010 @ 09:38
    Dirk De Grave

Nicolai,

I don't think web pi allows for prefixing db tables. You can run multiple umbraco sites on a single installation (and set the host names on top level nodes). As a rule of thumb, only have multiple sites running on the same umbraco instance if those sites are related (eg same client...). If sites are managed by different clients, consider having multiple umbraco instances (resulting in multiple database instances)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• Jesper Hauge 298 posts 487 karma points c-trib
    Feb 08, 2010 @ 09:42
    Jesper Hauge

As far as I know you cannot prefix the table names differently from what they already are.

If you want to run more than one umbraco instance on the same webserver, you'll have to have a sql database for each umbraco instance, but you can easily run different subdomains on the same umbraco instance, i.e. you can have umbraco handle both www.mysite.com and en.mysite.com from the same Umbraco instance.

Have a look here to read about how to run multiple websites from one Umbraco installation.

Regards
    Jesper Hauge

• Nicolai 13 posts 43 karma points
    Feb 08, 2010 @ 10:13
    Nicolai

Thank you guys.

It is just a personal site, because i wanted to try out umbraco. No clients involved, so it isn't really important.

But i use my DB for alot of other things, so it would have been nicely organized, if all my umbraco tables could be called UMBRACO_whatever.

I guess i will have to cope with the mess in my DB.

• Bryan O'Malley 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 14, 2011 @ 21:45
    Bryan O'Malley

This is a big shortcoming of Umbraco.  In one database it would be very helpful to have all of these tables:

dbo.DNN_Tabs
    dbo.nop_Tabs
    dbo.Umbraco_cmsTabs

Right now umbraco just assumes it's the only application.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft