Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan 8 posts 28 karma points
    Feb 09, 2010 @ 02:37
    Jonathan

Clearing cache

I've uploaded a copy of a site to a new server via ftp, and ran into a problem where ftp ascii mode changed the contents of some files. This  appears to have caused a js error - "uiKeys is undefined" as per http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst9208_uiKeys-is-undefined.aspx

I've re-uploaded the files, but I'm still seeing errors due to incorrect linebreaks in umbraco/js/language.aspx - can I flush the cache to get this fixed? The last comment in the thread linked above mentions a solution - I don't know how to make that happen.  Could someone elaborate please?

• Jesper Ordrup 1019 posts 1528 karma points MVP
    Feb 09, 2010 @ 15:46
    Jesper Ordrup

How about touching the web.config (download it and upload it or rename it and rename back)

/Jesper Ordrup

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Feb 09, 2010 @ 15:48
    Nik Wahlberg

You may also want to regenerate the any content caching that you have (like umbraco.config). 

Thanks,
    Nik

• Jonathan 8 posts 28 karma points
    Feb 11, 2010 @ 02:27
    Jonathan

I did try both of those things, without success.

It doesn't really matter now - the hosting has changed and everything will be reinstalled from scratch.

Thanks for your comments :)

• Ken Mark 82 posts 94 karma points
    Mar 28, 2010 @ 13:45
    Ken Mark

I had this problem now when I upgraded a site från version 3 to version 4 and had to rely on FTP. The solution i simpy to transfer the umbraco\config\lang folder as binary instead.

• Jonas Gunnarsson 44 posts 194 karma points
    Jun 20, 2010 @ 12:10
    Jonas Gunnarsson

I have the same problem, how do I do this?

transfer the umbraco\config\lang folder as binary instead.

• Ken Mark 82 posts 94 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 16:49
    Ken Mark

There's an option in you ftp application to choose between auto, binary and ascii mode. Choose binary mode.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft