Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zairja 2 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 14, 2015 @ 19:40
    Zairja

Another Json issue when installing via nuget

I'm using VS 2013 Update 5.

I create an empty C# web application (4.5.1). No folders or core references are added. (Basically like what is in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpnjwopHjRY)

I then try to install via the nuget UI and the console, but both yield the same error about a reference to a newer version of Newtonsoft.Json.

I have looked at every thread since 2013 and see this issue crop up multiple times. I've tried every suggestion in those threads and even some new ideas like clearing my package cache, all without success. I'm using the latest version of nuget and everything is up to date.

Here is the full console log. What is going on?

PM> Install-Package UmbracoCms -Version 7.2.8

Attempting to resolve dependency 'UmbracoCms.Core (= 7.2.8)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc (≥ 4.0.30506.0 && < 6.0.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebPages (≥ 3.2.3 && < 3.3.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure (≥ 1.0.0.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.Razor (≥ 3.2.3 && < 3.3.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi (≥ 4.0.30506 && < 6.0.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.WebHost (≥ 5.2.3 && < 5.3.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Core (≥ 5.2.3 && < 5.3.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client (≥ 5.2.3)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Newtonsoft.Json (≥ 6.0.4)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc.FixedDisplayModes (≥ 1.0.1)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.Net.Http (≥ 2.0.20710.0 && < 3.0.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.Bcl (≥ 1.1.10)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.Bcl.Build (≥ 1.0.14)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'MiniProfiler (≥ 2.1.0 && < 3.0.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'HtmlAgilityPack (≥ 1.4.6 && < 2.0.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Lucene.Net (≥ 2.9.4.1 && < 3.0.0.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'SharpZipLib (≥ 0.86.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'MySql.Data (≥ 6.9.7 && < 7.0.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'xmlrpcnet (≥ 2.5.0 && < 3.0.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'ClientDependency (≥ 1.8.4 && < 2.0.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'ClientDependency-Mvc (≥ 1.8.0 && < 2.0.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'AutoMapper (≥ 3.0.0 && < 4.0.0)'. Attempting to resolve dependency 'Newtonsoft.Json (≥ 6.0.5 && < 7.0.0)'. Install-Package : Already referencing a newer version of 'Newtonsoft.Json'. At line:1 char:16 + Install-Package <<<< UmbracoCms -Version 7.2.8 + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

• Samira 113 posts 452 karma points
    Aug 17, 2015 @ 05:19
    Samira

Hi Zairja,

When u install umbraco via Package manager Console, You are use PM> Install-Package UmbracoCms -Version 7.2.8 , Use this PM> Install-Package UmbracoCMS

It Install latest version 7.2.8

enter image description here

Grazitti

• Zairja 2 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 17, 2015 @ 14:22
    Zairja

The same error occurs. This is happening in a completely empty project. My current workaround is to first install version 6.0.8 of Newtonsoft.Json, then install the Umbraco package. It would be nice if this was fixed but it looks like a recurring issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft