Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Bílek 15 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 19, 2015 @ 10:25
    Jan Bílek

Configuration Error after nuget installation

Hi,

I'm using VS2015 Community. I've created an empty ASP.NET project and installed Umbraco from NuGet package manager by following:

Install-Package UmbracoCms

During the installation I've selected to overwrite web.config files. Then I've successfully logged into Umbraco but made no changes. Now when I'm trying to load the default home page, I'm getting this configuration error.

enter image description here

What might went wrong or how to fix it?

Thanks,

John

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Aug 20, 2015 @ 12:27
    Lee Kelleher

Hi John,

The issue is with VS2015, it doesn't support MVC4, so you'll need to upgrade the project to MVC5.

There are instructions on the Umbraco.com blog:
    https://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2015/7/29/upgrading-your-umbraco-site-to-mvc5-and-webapi2

The alternative is to use an earlier version of VS. (Pain in the bum, I know!)

Cheers,
    - Lee

Aug 21, 2015 @ 18:16
    Jan Bílek

Thanks Lee, It was a good point. I've upgraded the MVC as described in the link but sadly, it didn't helped. The configuration error is still there. Have you got any other ideas what might be causing this problem?

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Aug 24, 2015 @ 09:11
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Jan,

Oops, I didn't look very closely at the error message in your screengrab, it says:

Section or group name 'system.web.webPages.razor' is already defined. This can not be defined multiple times.

If you open your /Views/Web.config file, you should see that there is more than one <sectionGroup> with the name of "system.web.webPages.razor".

Remove the duplicated one, (or others if there are more than one?)

Cheers,
    - Lee

Aug 27, 2015 @ 19:49
    Jan Bílek

OK,

There were actually two sectionsGroups, and when I've deleted the second one everything worked fine. However, the real problem was that I left checked MVC checkbox when creating a new project. Problem solved.

Thank You.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft