Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeff 30 posts 62 karma points
    Feb 11, 2010 @ 04:28
    Jeff

Can't delete content/nodes

I'm a long time user of Umbraco (2.0+) but am doing some of my first work from a x64, Windows 2008 II7 server. I have the base 4.0.3 distro setup correctly with the Blog 4 Umbraco package. It's running in the II7 /ASP3.5/Integrated Pipeline mode.  

I can create nodes and move things around, but whenever I attempt to delete anything, the confirmation dialog pops up and then nothing happens.  

I have reloaded the parent and also looked in the DB, but the nodes are still there.  I have looked in the umbracoLog table, but nothing sticks out. I have tried on 3 different browsers to rule out JS issues.

Any ideas?

Getting frustrated on this one... might do a fresh install if I can't get it going.

Jeff

• Karl Kopp 121 posts 227 karma points
    Feb 11, 2010 @ 04:48
    Karl Kopp

If there is nothing in the Umbraco logs and nothing in the event log, I would do a fresh install. If the user couldn't delete data from the DB, it would throw an error that would be logged. Where did you get the 4.0.3 version from? CodePlex?

• Jeff 30 posts 62 karma points
    Feb 11, 2010 @ 05:08
    Jeff

Thanks Karl. Yes it was from CodePlex... however my web.config was not (read on)....

I did just get it working again.

Since I knew that the Network Service permissions were correct, I compared the fresh aspnet35.config from the codeplex site with my web.config (which was created using some other people's posts while trying to get IIS7 working).  I found a sneaky couple of entries that totally masked the issue.  <authentication mode="Windows"> (instead of forms) & <identity impersonate="false" />.  I'm guessing that somehow messed the Network Service account and hence it didn't have the needed rights.  Once I removed those, everything was great.

• Emma Garland 41 posts 123 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 17, 2012 @ 19:15
    Emma Garland

I know this is quite an old post, but in both of my Umbraco 5 installations (with SoftSys), I needed to request them to update them to .net 4.0 integrated pipeline mode.

Once they had done this for me I could successfully delete nodes in the backoffice.

• Jeremy Holland 13 posts 33 karma points
    Apr 17, 2012 @ 19:21
    Jeremy Holland

I ran into delete issues with IIS Media Services 4.1 installed on the server.

See this thread: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/umbraco-5-general-discussion/30167-500-Server-Error-when-deleting-a-macro

• Sean 10 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 07, 2013 @ 18:36
    Sean

I have a similar problem with an umbraco 4.7.0 install. I imported some content via a xml package, and co-workers in another department were assigned to edit them (spelling, insert some data, tweak some data, etc). This is normal stuff that they do all the time. However, they couldn't delete some of the nodes. When anyone tries to delete the content nodes, we get the popup balloon at the bottom of the screen that says:

Error handling action

There was an error processing the request

The data is still in the umbraco.config file and in the DB. I don't see what could be the problem as this is something that we do all the time and just now are we running into this problem. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft