Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Charly 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 18, 2015 @ 20:17
    Charly

Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager Error

I run Umbraco on Microsoft Azure. It's run well but... sometime shows this error.... ¿What can I do?

[UmbracoStartupFailedException: Umbraco cannot start. A connection string is configured but the Umbraco cannot connect to the database.] Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.EnsureDatabaseConnection() +141 Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.Complete(Action1 afterComplete) +62 Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Complete(Action1 afterComplete) +60 Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e) +245 Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +9

[HttpException (0x80004005): Umbraco cannot start. A connection string is configured but the Umbraco cannot connect to the database.] System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +4467101 System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +118 System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172 System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +364 System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +290

[HttpException (0x80004005): Umbraco cannot start. A connection string is configured but the Umbraco cannot connect to the database.] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +4531288 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +94 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +191

• Charly 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 18, 2015 @ 20:37
    Charly

There is not spam, is the error copy & paste.

• Adam Anthony 8 posts 79 karma points
    Jan 04, 2016 @ 14:13
    Adam Anthony

I am having the same error. Did you ever find a solution to this?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jan 04, 2016 @ 15:25
    Dave Woestenborghs

Looking at the error it seems that the connection string in your web.config is not correct.

Dave

Jan 05, 2016 @ 08:10
    Adam Anthony

Thanks Dave,

However, my connection string is the same as my local project, which works and furthermore, the site connects some of the time but not at other times.

Testing in more detail, it seems that sometimes (not always!) when I clear cookies in one browser, the error goes away. However if I have the site open in another browser, it will then stop working there.

It feels like a permissions issue, but I have set full trust, and given read/write/execute permissions to the Db.

For reference, my connection string is:

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="Data Source=|DataDirectory|\Umbraco.sdf;Flush Interval=1;" providerName="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0" />
    </connectionStrings>

You can see here, that the site works in one browser, but not the other:

These were refreshed at the same time, both with empty cookies and cache

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jan 05, 2016 @ 09:50
    Dave Woestenborghs

I see you are using SQL CE. Maybe it has something to do with that ?

Dave

Jan 05, 2016 @ 10:09
    Adam Anthony

Yes I am :S

You think this issue would be solved with MySQL?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft