Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Sep 21, 2015 @ 23:32
    Garrett Fisher

Every Page Redirecting to /login

I've recently moved all my code from my local instance up to a staging environment, along with a database restore, after an epic upgrade from 4.7.2 to 6.2.5 and I have an INTERMITTENT problem whereby ALL pages (most of the time) are being redirected to /login(.aspx), which in turn generates a 404 Error. When I remove my custom 404 page (which I did to get a better error message), the home page says:

No umbraco document matches the url '/login?ReturnUrl=%2f

What's the deal with this? I've done some pretty serious Googling on it and no solutions are working for me. Tried deleting just about everything in AppData and also verified that the permissions are correct (NETWORK SERVICE and IISIUSRS have Full Control) throughout the file system.

Now here's the weird part - I am able to reach the CMS in Chrome and Internet Explorer but not in Safari or Firefox, and have managed to Republish Entire Site, but the error persists. Sometime when I load the backoffice it only partially loads, and sometimes the stylesheet and/or images don't load.

CMS Stops Loading Here

In any case, I get different results when I reload the page repeatedly. Sometimes I get redirected and sometimes not. On both front end and back end. What could be going on here?

Thanks, Garrett

• jivan thapa 194 posts 681 karma points
    Sep 22, 2015 @ 07:02
    jivan thapa

what version of IIS are you using?

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Sep 22, 2015 @ 11:28
    Garrett Fisher

IIS 7.5.

But I figured out the issue so in case anyone ends up in this situation, here's what it was for me: Windows auth was switched on on the target environment, and I had:

<authentication mode="Forms">
      <forms name="yourAuthCookie" loginUrl="login.aspx" protection="All" path="/" />
    </authentication>

So the problem was intermittent because while IIS was telling the server to do one thing, the config file was telling it to do another. If Windows auth is enabled, you need to change this to:

<authentication mode="Windows"/>

That's it. Problem resolved.

Thanks,

Garrett

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft