Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rick 92 posts 278 karma points
    Sep 28, 2015 @ 15:19
    Rick

Error installing Umbraco 6.1.6

Hi,

Wondered if anyone can help ...

I have just tried to install Umbraco 6.1.6 through Nuget and I am facing some really frustrating errors.

I haven't changed any of the code and I'm getting the following error as soon as the site spins up:

enter image description here

I've tried to remove all temp internet files in the specified location (in the screenshot) however when the site spins up they are regenerated.

I'm not sure if it's related to a previous I'm still experiencing detailed here with an Umbraco 7.2.8 site install.

If anyone can offer any pointers/help I would be eternally grateful!

Many thanks,

Rick

Sep 29, 2015 @ 12:31
    Rick

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I've re-installed my .net Framework - repaired my instance of Visual Studio 2013 in case there were certain things that were missing.

Interestingly, if I create a new blank mvc project with a simple index.html file and browse to it, I do not receive the above at all so it appears to be something related to Umbraco.

Many thanks,

Rick

Oct 02, 2015 @ 11:46
    Rick

I thought I'd follow this up for anyone else that was experiencing this strange issue ...

I took the rather drastic measure of rolling back from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 (I was getting desperate) and the issue went away.

Once I installed VS and installed Umbraco via Nuget, the site spun up and I was getting the nice and familiar Umbraco install screen.

Hope this helps someone!

Rick

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft