Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 20 posts 61 karma points
    Oct 01, 2015 @ 18:53
    Tom

Double views (templates), not being nested

Just upgraded a few websites from 7.2.8 to 7.3.0. Everything seems to work nice, but there's a small issue in the backend (in every site I've upgraded). Each template is added two times in the tree, one in the root and one nested correctly.

• In the /Views directory everything seems fine, there is just one of each.
    • The root view (Master.cshtml) has a @{ Layout = null; }
    • The nested views have a @{ Layout = "Master.cshtml"; }
    • Tab property's > master template is correct.
    • Clicking on a view in the root (in the backend) opens the nested one

enter image description here

Any ideas?

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 01, 2015 @ 19:27

Have you tried this on a fresh install does the same happen there?

Oct 01, 2015 @ 20:11
    Tom

Not yet Tim, I'm hoping it's possible to fix this within the upgraded sites. A clean install is too much of a hassle and a last resort.

Oct 02, 2015 @ 06:37

Yeah not saying that you need to completely redo your site, just wondering if you see the same behaviour in a fresh install , but just did a check of a fresh 7.3 and there it appears fine

Oct 02, 2015 @ 17:26
    Tom

Thanks Tim. I've also tried a clean install and that works fine.

Checked the cmsTemplate table from the websites that shows this problem and to me it seems okay:

Oct 02, 2015 @ 17:46

and he master column does that look ok?

Oct 02, 2015 @ 17:51
    Tom

I don't have a master column in that table. In the design column the content is correct. The record with alias Master has a Layout = null, the other records a Layout = "Master.cshtml". Every record is unique (no doubles).

Oct 02, 2015 @ 18:04

Ah ok must be looking at an older table structure then hmm no idea then your structure looks similar to the starter kit so it beats me...

Oct 02, 2015 @ 18:08
    Tom

My clean install (7.3.0) have the same columns. Even the content looks the same (after adding some templates).

Oct 02, 2015 @ 18:44
    Tom

The AJAX-call in the backend to get the tree data (/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/LegacyTree/GetNodes) is returning exactly what I see. So at root level all the views that should be underneath the Master (in my example), with parentId = -1. And after opening the Master-section in the tree, the next AJAX-call is what you expect, it returns te same, but all the views got parentId = 1051 (id from Master.cshtml).

Looking up those id's in table umbracoNode the parentID also seems good. Are there any other places that store the parent-child relation?

Nov 01, 2015 @ 18:54
    Tom

Just upgraded these sites to 7.3.1 and still have this issue. Are there other things I can check? How is that tree generated?

Nov 04, 2015 @ 12:53
    Tom

Anybody? :(

Nov 04, 2015 @ 15:08
    Tom

Just did a join from the cmsTemplate-table on the umbracoNode-table. This is the result. I don't exactly know how Umbraco has designed the database, but to me it looks okay?!

• ljcooper 21 posts 86 karma points
    Dec 02, 2015 @ 16:20
    ljcooper

I'm having precisely the same issue. Nobody has fix?

the returned data from umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/LegacyTree/GetNodes looks right vis-a-vis what is being displayed, but there are child templates that are being returned.

Dec 03, 2015 @ 07:38
    Tom

"Glad" to hear I'm not the only one with this problem.

I still haven't found a solution and unfortunately clueless how to solve it... hope there's some help from the community.

• ljcooper 21 posts 86 karma points
    Dec 03, 2015 @ 21:50
    ljcooper

OK, I fixed it by basically upgrading manually.

Here's what I did (for the second time, didn't work the first, or I missed something, or...):

Stopped the app pool Stopped the web

downloaded a fresh copy of 7.3.1 (zipped)

copied the following directories over-writing everything after taking a backup:

AppBrowsers AppData bin Config Umbraco Umbraco_Client

Started up the web Started up the App Pool

Glorious Success!

Dec 04, 2015 @ 07:42
    Tom

Super! I've tried it with the bin, Umbraco and Umbraco_Client directories before, so it must have been something in one of the others. Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft