Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Ley 3 posts 23 karma points
    Oct 29, 2015 @ 15:36
    James Ley

Load Balancing Umbraco when running in as an IIS sub-site

We've recently moved our Umbraco instance to a sub-site within IIS as it is now part of a larger system, however we're encountering some issues with load balancing.

Old setup

We had two servers running against the same Umbraco db, with one designated the content editing site. We'd configured the distributed calls appropriately on this site. Both sites were root level sites in IIS.

New setup

Our new setup consists of the following:

• Server 1

• parent site
        • child site (Umbraco)
    • Server 2

• parent site
        • child site (Umbraco)

In this setup with the distributed calls config unchanged we are unable to access the site at all. The log files display the following and gets no further when we attempt to load the site:

2015-10-29 13:45:32,062 [7] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Sync.DefaultServerMessenger - [Thread 21] Submitting calls to distributed servers

I believe the issue is due to the fact we've moved Umbraco to be a child app in IIS, and so when it attempts to call the CacheRefresher web service it fails as the web service is not where it expects it to be.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? Can I tweak the distributed config settings?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft