Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Hunter 1 post 71 karma points
    Nov 04, 2015 @ 15:38
    David Hunter

Windows10 and SQL Server 2008 R2 installation

The download facility on the Umbraco site advises the Microsoft Web Platform Installer as the easiest method of downloading and installing Umbraco. However, when doing so, its installation procedure attempts to install SQL Server 2008 R2 despite the fact that this version of SQL Server is not supported in Windows 10. Can you advise what the best alternative a new downloader/user can do as there does not seem any way round this and no warnings on your download page that attempting to download and install Umbraco by this method will not work.

Would love to have the programme up and running but don't have the expertise to start searching through the alternative methods of manually downloading both Umbraco on its own as well as later server programmes of SQL Server 2012 or 2014 or 2014 Server Pack 1 for correct configuration.

Which one should I use ?

• serhio 22 posts 82 karma points
    Jan 26, 2016 @ 09:30
    serhio

Seems that Umbraco team is not very responsible on the matter... if from November there is any answer, what can I hope to find myself one? I have compatibility issues when setting up an Umbraco v4 environment on Windows 10 developer station... Should e blame the updated IIS, .net or ASP.NET minimal compatible versions, no answer till now...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft