Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Nov 09, 2015 @ 18:25
    Connie DeCinko

Upgrade from 4.8.1 directly to 4.11.10?

We successfully upgraded up to version 4.8.1 last week. Is it possible to jump next to 4.11.10 or will I need to go to 4.9.x and 4.10.x first?

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Nov 09, 2015 @ 18:56
    Connie DeCinko

Well, decided to try it and so far, no good. Install came up, walked through with no issues. But when I try and view my site I get an error, below. Also, when I log in to the back office, I have no content tree.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] umbraco.UmbracoDefault.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +202 System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +48 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1843

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 09, 2015 @ 19:02
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Connie,

Try to see this documentation https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/upgrading/version-specific

There are something that you need to do from version 4.8 to version 4.10.0 and some specific upgrades fro 4.10.0 to 4.11.10. Then is always a good idea to follow the general upgrading documentation too.

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/upgrading/general

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft