Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Feb 18, 2010 @ 21:00
    Barry

Umbraco taking control

As expected umbraco takes control of the urls, however i have put this in the config

<add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="/umbraco/,/blog/" />

This is so I can have a separate blog not part of umbraco in my site. However, when I go to the site /blog comes up with a umbraco 404 page - so umbraco is still controlling it. 

I have in, physically, under /blog/index.php file - it should be rendering a wordpress site.

Any ideas?

• amunk 17 posts 32 karma points
    Feb 18, 2010 @ 21:48
    amunk

I dont think you can run PHP and ASP.NET in same scope. I think you get a 404 because the PHP extension is not registered on the host and it expects a .htm or .aspx page.

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:17
    Chris Koiak

What happens if you hit the php page directly? Umbraco should not be intercepting the php calls.

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:22
    dandrayne

If php is installed, you could try adding index.php under default documents in iis

Dan

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Feb 18, 2010 @ 23:22
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Umbraco and PHP should run just fine next to each other. I think I've seen somewhere that IIS treats calls to /blog differently than /blog/ (trailing slash). Seems that umbraco is treating the /blog as a file instead of a folder.

Do you have a wildcard-mapping in IIS somehow? Try adding the /blog to the reservedPaths as well:

<add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="/umbraco/,/blog/,/blog" />

and see if that helps.

HTH,

Peter

• Tim 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 01, 2010 @ 21:47
    Tim

Peter,

I am having issues with IIS and Umbraco and the umbracoReservedPaths key. Removing the trailing slash from /blog, for example, doesn't fix the issue. I have tried url rewrites in IIS as well, but it wont really fix the issue because IIS is having problems determining the difference between files and folders. Is there a way to have Umbraco allow the removal of the trailing slashes for values in the umbracoReservedPaths key?

For reference, my rewrite rule is: (and I have tried many variations of this configuration)

<rule name="AddTrailingSlash" stopProcessing="true">
                        <match url="(.*[^/])$" />
                        <conditions>
                            <add input="{REQUEST_URL}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true" />
                            <add input="{REQUEST_URL}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true" />
                        </conditions>
                        <action type="Redirect" url="{R:1}/" />
                    </rule>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft