Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Hansen 20 posts 50 karma points
    Nov 21, 2015 @ 10:23
    Jan Hansen

Upgrade from 3.0.6 to something newer

I have a couple of older installations (which didn't receive too much TLC for some time) that I would like to upgrade. One installation runs on v3.0.6 and I would like to get it up to 6+.

I realize that I have to "follow the path" and probably have to upgrade to v4.0.x first and so on. This is not really my problem though.

My problem is where to find those older pre v4.11 packages? They seem to be removed completely from any official source and thereby cutting the possibility for older installations to be upgraded. Is this really the case and if so, why?

I would really prefer to get them from an official Umbraco controlled site/source and not from some random place on the net.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Jan

• Marc Goodson 2133 posts 14273 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 23, 2015 @ 00:05
    Marc Goodson

Hi Jan

I know you didn't want to get them from some random place on the internet but...

http://code.leekelleher.com/umbraco/archive/

is Lee Kelleher's unofficial archive of previous Umbraco releases; kept in order to help developers with legacy upgrades.

I've used versions from here before without issue.

But it is an unofficial source all the same.

regards

Marc

• Jan Hansen 20 posts 50 karma points
    Nov 23, 2015 @ 07:54
    Jan Hansen

Hi Marc

Thanks for sharing!

After all if this is the only option it is certainly better than nothing. I'll keep this link if nothing else comes up.

Thanks again.

Regards, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft