Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gert Kjerslev 16 posts 67 karma points
    Dec 02, 2015 @ 22:32
    Gert Kjerslev

Error when upgrading 7.2.4 to 7.3

Hello Our, I'm trying to upgrade from version 7.2.4 to 7.3 but I get this error.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Owin, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I'm using the manual upgrade path. Hope someone can help me with this.

Best regards

Gert

• Anton Gildebrand 3 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 09, 2016 @ 09:06
    Anton Gildebrand

Were you able to resolve this? I have the very same issue and don't know how to solve it..

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Apr 09, 2016 @ 15:30
    Steve Morgan

Check your web.config

Search for Microsoft.Owin and you'll see a line like

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Owin" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-3.0.1.0" newVersion="3.0.1.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>

Check yours against what's in the umbraco zip you've downloaded (the one posted above is from 7.4.2 so don't just use this) - I suspect the version number is wrong in your local web.config so it's throwing an error (the Umbraco update documentation notes tell you to merge the web.config). Merge the changes from the latest webconfig into yours - a merge tool is useful for this - I use Winmerge.

When you fix this one you might find you hit another similar dll version issue - keep going until it builds.

HTH

Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft