Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Semedar 2 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 06, 2015 @ 01:53
    Semedar

Install Error: Your permission settings are not ready for umbraco

Hello,

I'm using GoDaddy as a host and I've made it all the way to the install screen.

I can't seem to figure out how to correct this supposed permissions issue.

Error:

Your permission settings are not ready for umbraco

In order to run umbraco, you'll need to update your permission settings. Detailed information about the correct file & folder permissions for Umbraco can be found here.

The following report list the permissions that are currently failing. Once the permissions are fixed press the 'Go back' button to restart the installation.

Media folder creation failed

~/media

I'm not renting a server from GoDaddy, but rather shared hosting (Windows Hosting with Plesk).

If anyone has encountered this problem before or knows how to fix it, I would appreciate any and all input.

Thanks!

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 06, 2015 @ 14:29
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Semedar and welcome to our :-)

You should check that you have the right file and folder permissions settings. You can find the documentation here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/permissions

Also make sure that you are meeting the requirements for running Umbraco CMS. https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Requirements/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Semedar 2 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 06, 2015 @ 19:52
    Semedar

Dennis,

Thanks! - I finally figured it out after hours of frustration and figuring out how GoDaddy handles permissions.

I'm in the process of writing a step by step tutorial with screenshots on how to setup Umbraco specifically for GoDaddy Shared Hosting users.

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft