Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Steve Lydford 1 post 71 karma points
    Jan 20, 2016 @ 23:01
    Steve Lydford
    0

    Can't install Umbraco using Azure SQL Db

    Hi,

    I have installed Umbraco using Nuget in VS2015, which works using a local db. However, when I change the connection string in the web.config to point to an Azure SQL Database I cannot install Umbraco. I get no errors but the install page never shows the initial dialog. If I look in the dev tools I can see that http://

    )]}', {"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"Invalid object name 'umbracoUser'.","ExceptionType":"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException","StackTrace":" at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.getMetaData()\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)\r\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar()\r\n at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteScalar()\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>c__DisplayClassa.<ExecuteScalarWithRetry>b__9()\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func1 func)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteScalarWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy cmdRetryPolicy, RetryPolicy conRetryPolicy)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteScalarWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy retryPolicy)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteScalarWithRetry(IDbCommand command)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.ExecuteScalar[T](String sql, Object[] args)\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallHelper.getIsBrandNewInstall()\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallHelper.GetInstallationType()\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallHelper.

    I have spent a couple of hours trying to find a solution to this but got nowhere. Please help!

    Many thanks :)

  • Dave Woestenborghs 3242 posts 10999 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Jan 21, 2016 @ 09:10
    Dave Woestenborghs
    0

    So you installed it with a local DB first and then pointed the connectionstring it to a empty database in Azure.

    You probably need to clear out this value in your web.config file to trigger the installer to run again, so it can set up your database.

    <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" />
    

    Dave

  • Tanweer Bundhoo 1 post 71 karma points
    Feb 20, 2016 @ 10:33
    Tanweer Bundhoo
    0

    So if you have installed it with a local DB first, you need to remove the connection strings

        Before:
    
    
       <connectionStrings>
          <remove name="umbracoDbDSN" />
          <add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="Data Source=|DataDirectory|\Umbraco.sdf;Flush Interval=1;" providerName="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0" />
          </connectionStrings>
    
        Remove:
    
              <connectionStrings>
                <remove name="umbracoDbDSN" />
              </connectionStrings>
    

    And re-run and choose configure manually , on the same page where you enter your username , password

    After that you will see that the web.config is modified

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft