Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• L.K 5 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 29, 2016 @ 11:36
    L.K

Errors when build Umbraco v7 by Visual Studio 2013

Hi I downloaded the source code Umbraco then open it by Visual Studio 2013 After that i build project,i run project by visual studio and on install page i get this error as image below

enter image description here

Can you help me explain the reason why? Thanks

Jan 29, 2016 @ 12:52
    L.K

This is the first time i use Umbraco then i see that it is one open source hard to use.I have many projects want to use Umbraco but even i can not install it,the installation is simple step but i also can not get it running. Really hard to use

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 29, 2016 @ 13:14
    Dennis Aaen

Hi L.K,

Okay so you have download the GitHub repo from here https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS right? Then you have build the solution, and see the issues.

There are differnt ways to run Umbraco CMS if you want to use Visual Studio you could install Umbraco CMS via NuGet, try to see this documentation https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/install/install-umbraco-with-nuget

We have also other ways to install Umbraco CMS, please see here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/install/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jan 29, 2016 @ 13:36
    L.K

Hi Thank for your links but when i did following the link https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/install/install-umbraco-with-nuget

Here is the solution i got in the visual studio,that is not what i expect i need the full source then i can modify and customize the source code seem the code already build to .dll

Solution

How can i run the project with full source code? Thanks

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 29, 2016 @ 13:40
    Dennis Aaen

Hi LX,

If you want to run the project with full source code, then you should follow the instructions that you will find here, https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS

Building Umbraco from source

The easiest way to get started is to run build/build.bat which will build both the backoffice (also known as "Belle") and the Umbraco core. You can then easily start debugging from Visual Studio, or if you need to debug Belle you can run grunt dev in src\Umbraco.Web.UI.Client.

If you're interested in making changes to Belle make sure to read the Belle ReadMe file. Note that you can always download a nightly build so you don't have to build the code yourself.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jan 29, 2016 @ 14:14
    L.K

Hi Dennis

Thanks for your answer

But base on what you said "he easiest way to get started is to run build/build.bat which will build both the backoffice".As understood was publish files Umbraco to run it on IIS

What i need is running the project on Visual Studio.I still no luck in this case

Step by step what i did

1.Open solution file from Source code Source

2.Buid project by Visual studio and after that hit F5 to run Solution Then after that i got the same error from begin this topic Result

What are steps am i missing in this case?

Thanks

• Fernanda Bernardes 27 posts 147 karma points
    Apr 26, 2016 @ 17:18
    Fernanda Bernardes

Hi, Everyone!!

Anybody could answer this question...I have the same problem.

Regards,

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 26, 2016 @ 19:06
    Dan Diplo

It's been a while, but isn't there a batch file (Build.bat) file you need to run to build Umbraco?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Apr 26, 2016 @ 19:22
    Nicholas Westby

I think there is some confusion around the various ways to integrate Umbraco into a website. Here are the various ways:

• built.bat. This creates a ZIP file (and maybe even a NuGet package) that you can then manually install into ANOTHER website.
    • NuGet. This allows you to install Umbraco via NuGet package manager from your web application in Visual Studio.
    • Download ZIP. This allows you to install Umbraco "manually" by unzipping the ZIP file into your website.

Note that the first scenario is very advanced and uncommon. Only if you want to modify the source code of the Umbraco core would you want to do this.

Also, in the first scenario, you do not run anything from Visual Studio when you open the umbraco.sln file. Rather, you use the ZIP file generated by build.bat to install Umbraco manually into another website. And yes, this website can be in Visual Studio if you like (just not the same solution as the main Umbraco core Visual Studio solution).

• Fernanda Bernardes 27 posts 147 karma points
    Apr 27, 2016 @ 11:18
    Fernanda Bernardes

Hi.. Thanks for your answer...

I got it just right as the files mentioned in the previous post .. and made as described in the README file Git Hub ... The problem occurs both when we generate the ZIP by Batch.bat, as when we use via compilation, as the colleague demonstrates the beginning of this issue.

When I try to download straight NuGet server within the VS2015, errors occur in the script to create the MySQL database. Looking at the Source code from Github, identified that the problem is already fixed in this source .. But generates the reported problem.

I can not identify where the problem is. Because it is generating an exception when trying to call the url "/ install".

I believe that if you test using batch.bat to generate the ZIP and run, you will see the problem described in this post.

Thank you and I'm waiting for your help !!

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Apr 27, 2016 @ 16:44
    Nicholas Westby

Does the problem only occur when you attempt to install with a MySQL database? If so, that sounds like a bug that you should report here: http://issues.umbraco.org/newissue

Also, which branch are you building from (e.g., dev-v7)? If this also occurs with the NuGet server (I imagine with Umbraco 7.4.3), then that definitely just sounds like a bug that has nothing to do with building from the source code.

• Darren Ferguson 1022 posts 3259 karma points MVP c-trib
    Apr 27, 2016 @ 17:43
    Darren Ferguson

I had to delete a folder called bower_components from the Umbraco.Web.UI.Client project folder before running build.bat when i had this issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft