Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Feb 26, 2010 @ 10:19
    Jon Dunfee

Receiving xsltErrorNoNodesPublished on all Xslt saves

Started fleshing out a fresh install of 4.0.3 and I'm receiving [xsltErrorNoNodesPublished] for every save of an Xslt.  I have a set of macros I reuse so I know they are "good" XSLTs.  For a test, I added the XsltSearch package and attempted to save the Xslt through the interface (no changes to the Xslt) and still receive the error.  I thought maybe this was a permissions issue, so I checked the "Skip testing (ignore errors)" and it saves successfully! I'm kinda lost to where to go from here and am looking for some suggestions.

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Feb 26, 2010 @ 10:24
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Hi,

looks like you have nothing created in the content-section have you?

Upon saving an XSLT-file, it tries to validate the xslt against the top-most node. If your content-tree is empty, it cannot validate, jence the error you receive (xsltErrorNoNodesPublished).

Try creating some dummy content. Or publish the nodes you do have there.

HTH,

Peter

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Feb 27, 2010 @ 16:46
    Jon Dunfee

That was it!  What I get for trying to work at 4am.

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Oct 12, 2010 @ 21:51
    Garrett Fisher

I have hundreds of content nodes, and I received this error on one single XSLT file save.  Having never seen it before, and knowing that the file was fine, I checked the "Skip errors" box and saved it anyways-- and it brought my entire front end down and no one can figure out why or how to fix it!  Running 4.5.1 with <UseLegacyXmlSchema> set to true.  This file was just like all the others and we weren;t able to reproduce it in any other environment-- What could saving this file despite this error have done to the database and why?  Why can't we get the site back up even though we've back out the XSLT change??  HELP!  We restarted IIS, even the box. Wordpress is up, but not Umbraco.  From an XSLT change??

//Garrett

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Oct 12, 2010 @ 21:56
    Garrett Fisher

The CMS is up, but the Site is down.  Any ideas? Anyone?

//Garrett

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft