Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John 7 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 04, 2016 @ 12:53
    John

Hung at install on azure web app with 7.3.7

I have never run a deployment of Umbraco on an azure web app before, but given that I have recently installed it on a physical server with no issues I thought I would try.

I downloaded the zip for 7.3.7 from this site and modified the connection string to point to a SQL server instance that I have setup on azure.

When I hit the site, it just sits at the screen with a little white busy indicator flying across the bottom and no message is visible on the screen. When I right click to view source, I can see some HTML:

enter image description here

As you can imagine I have no console control for this site. Should I try installing through the app marketplace rather than uploading the code through FTP? Should there be any changes needed besides putting the connection string in for the SQL database?

• John 7 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 05, 2016 @ 09:36
    John

Well.. for what it's worth installing it on azure using the option available under "New App Service" worked. I'm not sure what changes are made that allow that to be stood up in comparison to the normal source for manual install. It would be nice to know since the version on Azure is a few minor versions back.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft