Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I'm having an error when installing a fresh copy of v7.3.7
Error during installation
The first couple of lines of the log files shows the following:
2016-02-07 08:05:15,822 [P10416/D2/T11] INFO Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - Executing installation step: DatabaseConfigure
2016-02-07 08:05:15,822 [P10416/D2/T11] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - Installation step DatabaseConfigure failed.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
It's a standard SQL Server 2012 Express install on Windows Server 2012 R2. There is only one other database on the server and it's working fine.
I remember seeing this one before - Can't remember the cause of it though. Have not seen it for this particular version but I have seen it in older versions...I'm just wondering how you did the install? Was it manually or using nuget? I'm wondering if for some reason some files are missing or if some permissions have not been set for some reason.
Do you have a local copy or have you installed it directly on the server? And have you double checked that the requirements for running Umbraco are in place https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Requirements/ - Perhaps it's also a good idea to check the list of permissions needed to be set https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/permissions
Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info Jan. I installed it manually, ie. upload files, setup permissions, setup database, and then run the installer.
The database connection works fine and there are no permissions issues as it normally flags them for you if there are.
I might just remove the install and start again.
A quick follow up - I deleted all files and the database and set it all up again and this time it went much better! Not sure what the issue was the first time as I used the same process the second time around without any issues.
Very happy to hear you managed to move forward but still wondering what it is that triggers the issue sometimes. Perhaps some files have been missing for some weird reason...But who knows...But I hope you'll have a much more pleasant time with Umbraco from now on :)
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted