Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christopher Rahauiser 5 posts 55 karma points
    Feb 16, 2016 @ 01:12
    Christopher Rahauiser

Missing Assemby 'Umbraco.ModelsBuilder' On Upgrade To 7.4.0

I have an Umbraco project in v7.3.6, that I just upgraded to v7.4.0. I ran a NuGet Update-Package UmbracoCms.Core and installed the project files manually (along with merging the Views/Web.config and root Web.config).

After the upgrade is complete, I receive a YSOD stating, "Could not load file or assembly 'Umbraco.ModelsBuilder' or one of its dependencies". If I comment out

<add assembly="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder" />

I am able to run the application, other than the Models Builder screen stating it is loading, in the Developer section, and an error being thrown by angular.min.js of

No url found for api name modelsBuilderBaseUrl

I can provide more details if needed. I have been upgrading this project since v7.1.0, and haven't run into any issues that I couldn't solve yet.

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Feb 16, 2016 @ 07:31
    Stefan Kip

I ran a NuGet Update-Package UmbracoCms.Core

Why didn't you just upgrade UmbracoCms?

Feb 16, 2016 @ 12:12
    Christopher Rahauiser

When I create a project I download the .zip file from the releases page, delete the bin directory, and place the files in the project. On upgrade, I do the same, but remove any files no longer being used (I run a WinMerge against my project and the new install directory). Once that is complete, I just run the Update-Package UmbracoCms.Core

Up to this point that has been the way I've developed. Using source control (Mercurial currently), it makes it easy to roll back at any point in time (obviously I would need a copy of the database from that time period to truly roll back, which I have).

Since I've already run WinMerge and have determined all required files are present, and unused files have been deleted, could it be that I'm not using UmbracoCms in my packages.config and instead have UmbracoCms.Core?

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Feb 16, 2016 @ 12:54
    Stefan Kip

could it be that I'm not using UmbracoCms in my packages.config and instead have UmbracoCms.Core?

Looks like it. I would suggest you start using Umbraco from NuGet as a whole, instead of only UmbracoCms.Core.

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Feb 16, 2016 @ 13:03
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Christopher

It sounds to me like you're could be creating a lot of extra work for yourself.

On small projects i'll simply nuget UmbracoCms and update the package each time as required. You should only need to do a cursory check on your .configs which will get backed up each time, or you can choose to leave them in-place.

For large projects where there maybe the need for multilingual & multi-domain but same design , document types & templates. I'll create two projects in one solution and separate out the Models, Views & Controllers from the Umbraco runtime. In this case I can nuget UmbracoCms on the first project and UmbracoCms.Core on the second. Then it's just a case of mapping the right folders in IISExpress and ensuring you bind your libraries to the Umbraco runtime project.

Hope this helps Martin.

Feb 16, 2016 @ 13:13
    Christopher Rahauiser

Thank you both very much. I am in the process of recreating the project using UmbracoCms, and then I will pull in my project dependencies. Once I get this working, I will look into creating a second project within the solution.

Feb 16, 2016 @ 13:59
    Christopher Rahauiser

I wanted to post back to say that using the UmbracoCms NuGet package solved my issues. I was able to pull over all of my existing code, and create a post-build event to copy over my custom dashboard.

Thanks again for all your help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft