Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• darcy 2 posts 21 karma points
    Feb 28, 2010 @ 13:50
    darcy

Windows Authentication

I have umbraco GUI running and performing great thus far. I had a new requirement a while back where I was asked to display currently browsing user's name on the screen. We have this GUI running in intranet so I don't have any special login going on. I wnated to just grab the user's windows userid by using HTTPContext.Current.User object.

In order to do that, I removed anonymous acces on IIS setting and enabled Integrated windows authentication. In web.config file I put authentication= windows.

Still I wasn't able to get the correct user id of browsing users. I was getting Network Service account as my currently browsed users. Then, I put identity impersonate=true in my web.config and all the sudden I got correct userid of the user who is browsing the web. That's Good ---

However, now I have to give each user access to the folders within my web server to be able to upload media files, temp folder, etc. This is not right! Why do I need to put identity impersonate = true????? Is there any other way I can make this work? Please, help!!!!

• Ron Brouwer 273 posts 768 karma points
    Feb 28, 2010 @ 19:50
    Ron Brouwer

Hi Darcy,

Why not just add the users group to IIS.
    That would solve your problem right?

For more information read:

OOP - There It Is - Authentication

Ron

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft