Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • James Strugnell 84 posts 192 karma points
    Feb 16, 2016 @ 21:04
    James Strugnell
    0

    After upgrade - can't navigate away from "Content" section in back office

    Hi,

    Today I've upgraded a live site from 7.3.1 to 7.3.7. The upgrade went generally smoothly, or so it seemed. I've just noticed that I can't navigate away from the Content section in the back-office. So if I click on Media, Settings, Developer etc. it just reloads the Content area. This did not happen when I ran a test upgrade so I'm not sure what's different? If I type the URL to go to /umbraco/media it loads normally.

    I've cleared my browser cache, tried various browsers but no luck. Has anyone seen this before and know of a reason/fix?

    Thanks for your help.

    James.

  • Jan Skovgaard 11257 posts 23497 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 17, 2016 @ 18:43
    Jan Skovgaard
    100

    Hi James

    I've seen it before but can't remember how to reproduce it - Just wondering if you have tried bumping the /config/ClientDependency.config version number and then recycling the app pool and see if that makes any difference? I solved this very same issue doing just that - But have seen others who have not been able to solve it by doing this...So I guess it's worth a shot at least but no promises....

    Don't know if it might make a difference to delete the items in the /cache/ folder as well and perhaps the content of the /App_Data/TEMP folder as well?

    /Jan

  • James Strugnell 84 posts 192 karma points
    Feb 18, 2016 @ 09:57
    James Strugnell
    0

    Hi Jan,

    Thanks for your input. This did resolve in the end. I'm not 100% sure which of my changes fixed it, or whether some kind of cache eventually expired. I did bump the Client Dependency version number and I also manually re-ran the Examine indexes. I'm sorry I can't be more exact as to what fixed this but at least it sorted itself in the end.

    Thanks again.

    James.

  • Jan Skovgaard 11257 posts 23497 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2016 @ 14:21
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi James

    Happy to hear you managed to get rid of the issue - A shame that you can't remember what did the trick though :) But as long as it's working...and if it should happen another time then it's a matter of trying all the things again and then see what did the trick :D

    /Jan

  • James Strugnell 84 posts 192 karma points
    Feb 18, 2016 @ 14:39
    James Strugnell
    0

    Hi Jan,

    It's not so much that I can't remember, it's more that I changed a few things all at once so I'm not exactly sure which actually solved it. At the time it seemed like the Examine index reset fixed it but I actually had the problem duplicated in 2 environments and the Examine reset didn't fix it in the other environment. Whereas it did resolve itself eventually, so seemed like a Cache expiry.

    As you say, I think a combination of the above tricks should resolve the issue one way or the other.

    Thanks again for your help.

    James.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft